Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX stomp - Anybdy else see this today?

teknotard

I saw a notification earlier this morning and it looks like all the sites are coming down.

the little bit of information looks like it is a full featured Helix Amps and Models but in a small compact size (smaller than the HX effects). Best I can see is a 599 price.

https://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-LIN-HXSTOMP?src=Y0802G00SRCHCAPN&adpos=1o6&scid=scplpLIN+HXSTOMP&sc_intid=LIN+HXSTOMP&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9NbdBRCwARIsAPLsnFZiqOBFGADY6EztEJsGEK_Mi4hLD8b0TWDE1Kd1pCtNYCHFvTrBDe8aAl1hEALw_wcB

https://www.theguitarmagazine.com/news/line-6-hx-stomp/

41A2CA56-FE93-4F66-BAD1-34D91BDA3D3D.jpeg

2 hours ago, PeterHamm said:

Links are now dead. 

Something is obviously coming, relax, breathe, and let it happen...

Lol... fat chance. Instant gratification is practically a religion now. Besides, I'm waiting until the Helix watch is released...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, cruisinon2 said:

Lol... fat chance. Instant gratification is practically a religion now. Besides, I'm waiting until the Helix watch is released...

I hear the Helix watch has a tuner on it, but the second hand jumps around too much......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmp22684 said:

Gosh I wish this and the hx effects were out before. Use only a few effects and run 4cm... have the helix floor.

Guess I'm never left wanting for more though. ;)

Same here, i have the LT. I really like the small size of the new unit, and I seldom use more than 5 blocks anyway.

Does anyone know if there is a more detailed manual?  I am a bass player thinking of moving from Helix LT to the Stomp.  My main use is to use the pitch glide for alternate tuning half step and full step.  What I would really like on the Stomp is to be able to configure the Ampeg SVT-CL with  the Ampeg 8x10 and have 2 foot switches to go from 440 to half step down or full step down and the third button for the tuner?  Can I configure it this way?

10 minutes ago, Juankie said:

Does anyone know if there is a more detailed manual?  I am a bass player thinking of moving from Helix LT to the Stomp.  My main use is to use the pitch glide for alternate tuning half step and full step.  What I would really like on the Stomp is to be able to configure the Ampeg SVT-CL with  the Ampeg 8x10 and have 2 foot switches to go from 440 to half step down or full step down and the third button for the tuner?  Can I configure it this way?

In short, yes, you could do this. Probably the easiest way would be to set Play View to Scroll Mode and set FS 1 and 2 to be Snapshot Up and Down. Then FS3 would be tap/tuner by default.

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty excited for it and ALMOST bought it within seconds of seeing it . . . but then I noticed the lack of a Variax input which has me torn. I get that it couldn't have EVERYTHING and still retain its puny size . . . but since I use the Variax heavily, having to go back to controlling all of its abilities via the actual guitar, and power it by the battery pack again is no small thing to give up.

Awww! HX Stomp is like that adorable kitten you want to take home, but you already have two BIG cats. I only just took delivery of my new Helix Rack this afternoon and the email about the HX Stomp arrived this morning. Thanks Line 6. Your timing stinks! LOL

• Haha 1

I too was very excited about the HX Stomp until I realized there is no Variax input. Seriously? 

Hmm lets see.... Line6 makes Variax guitars, which I'm quite sure they want to sell in large quantities, yet someone there designs the Line6 HX Stomp with no Variax input? Wow... competing manufactures and fanboys of other products are going to have a field day with this one! Talk about shooting ones-self in the foot.

That said, a Variax input could not possibly take up that much room, and if you've ever seen one, you'll know what I'm talking about. In my opinion, the difference in size would be negligible. Nevertheless, this appears to be a situation where the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Perhaps someone should send a memo to the designers of the HX Stomp to inform them that Line6 also makes Variax guitars?

Anyway, along with a host of other guitars, I own several Variax models and sadly without a Variax input the HX Stomp, as presented, is utterly useless to me. This is truly unbelievable and a sad day.

15 hours ago, ChopZ said:

I too was very excited about the HX Stomp until I realized there is no Variax input. Seriously? 

Hmm lets see.... Line6 makes Variax guitars, which I'm quite sure they want to sell in large quantities, yet someone there designs the Line6 HX Stomp with no Variax input? Wow... competing manufactures and fanboys of other products are going to have a field day with this one! Talk about shooting ones-self in the foot.

That said, a Variax input could not possibly take up that much room, and if you've ever seen one, you'll know what I'm talking about. In my opinion, the difference in size would be negligible. Nevertheless, this appears to be a situation where the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. Perhaps someone should send a memo to the designers of the HX Stomp to inform them that Line6 also makes Variax guitars?

Anyway, along with a host of other guitars, I own several Variax models and sadly without a Variax input the HX Stomp, as presented, is utterly useless to me. This is truly unbelievable and a sad day.

The VDI input would increase the current draw quite a bit, and it just wouldn’t easily physically fit on the pedal without removing something else. Compared to the total number of people who use Line 6 processors, the number of Variax users is actually pretty small.

.... and it looked like a great fallback option for Helix failure, until I saw it has no VDI

I kinda see yer point- It woulda been nice. I felt the same way when L6-Link was "gutted" in Helix yet they used the same "Trademarked" name as in the HD-500 series. OTOH, I also have 11 or so "non-Variax" guitars that would work just great with this little box,  so I can see it selling like Hotcakes & Bacon on a snowy morning! 

17 hours ago, ChopZ said:

One other thought. EVEN if it would fit (and it won't, because I've opened it) and EVEN if you could make it a teeny bit larger and include it, 

It would increase the price and lower the number sold, which would increase the price even more, which would have made it a failure in the market.

2 hours ago, PeterHamm said:

One other thought. EVEN if it would fit (and it won't, because I've opened it) and EVEN if you could make it a teeny bit larger and include it, 

It would increase the price and lower the number sold, which would increase the price even more, which would have made it a failure in the market.

Well, you don't KNOW that it would have been a failure - you are correct that it probably would have added somewhere in the realm of $100 to the price though. No matter how you toss the dice, this stomp box seemed to be aimed as much to the traditional stomp box users - a kind of Trojan horse to convert them to the type of modelling that Line 6 provides or as a way to even expand Line 6's market share in the smaller, and becoming ever more competitive, modelling segment. 

With that goal in mind, it just doesn't make sense to add a Variax input, especially since the $600 price point is probably the upper limit that a traditional pedal user would consider going for (hell, it's probably still a little too high for those guys who think of it more as a single pedal). 

So, I mean, I get it, but it still sucks for the initiated who are deep into Line 6's ecosystem.  We love our Variax's, and there's a ton of stuff we could have done interfacing it with this little box. 

3 minutes ago, soundog said:

OK, then make us another crazy VDI-to-USB dongle, and sell it as an accessory for us Variax owners. You can never have enough of those Variax dongles.

I don't use Variax, so the day that port allows some alternative functionality like AVB, I will be happy (big grin).

27 minutes ago, soundog said:

OK, then make us another crazy VDI-to-USB dongle, and sell it as an accessory for us Variax owners. You can never have enough of those Variax dongles.

Yeah, I'd be all over that. I think that's a great idea. The harder part would be figuring out how to implement it in to the stomp in a non confusing control scheme.

Really, they need a bluetooth dongle that connects to the Variax and allows us to control it with our phones or PCs similar to the Firehawk setup. Then we could confidently have great control over our Variax regardless of the external setup.