Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp FAQ

Digital_Igloo

got my HX stomp with the Mission Engineering expression pedal..the one with the toe switch..

my question.. Im trying to hook it up with a Y splitter cable..the tip goes to the expression pedal and the ring goes to my mosky dual footswitch.. i cant get the footswitch to work..

and also, tried to connect both outputs of the ME Exp and set it up to two blocks on the HXS one for volume and one for wah..whenever I press the toe switch it goes to wah but when I press it again it does not go back to Volume pedal...

thanks

btw here is the footswitch

https://www.amazon.com/MOSKY-SWITCH-Guitar-Effect-Footswitch/dp/B07JG6PWX3

1 hour ago, czarkhanpe said:

got my HX stomp with the Mission Engineering expression pedal..the one with the toe switch..

my question.. Im trying to hook it up with a Y splitter cable..the tip goes to the expression pedal and the ring goes to my mosky dual footswitch.. i cant get the footswitch to work..

and also, tried to connect both outputs of the ME Exp and set it up to two blocks on the HXS one for volume and one for wah..whenever I press the toe switch it goes to wah but when I press it again it does not go back to Volume pedal...

thanks

btw here is the footswitch

https://www.amazon.com/MOSKY-SWITCH-Guitar-Effect-Footswitch/dp/B07JG6PWX3

I don't think you're going to get the Mosky switch to work this way because it's input is for a stereo cable.  Your Y cable is converting it with from a stereo cable to two TS cables. The Mosky isn't going to be able to do anything with that. You could use it with a single TRS cable (no split) and have it function as a dual footswitch for the Stomp, but you can't have it function as a single footswitch. 

As for using the mission expression pedal, there are a few things to check. This one is probably a waste of time, but you still want to ensure you nabbed the right one because there are several Mission pedals and they all look very similar: https://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/mission-engineering-helix-rack-expression-pedal-black/j31590000000000

Next, I use the Mission Helix SP1-L6 and love it.  It's my fave way to control the Stomp (vs. a dual foot switch which I also use sometimes) and the thing that always screws me up is that when I switch between the two methods I miss some global setting that causes it to bork itself. Make sure you double check that these settings are used when you are trying to use the Mission pedal:

Global Settings > Preferences

Exp/FS Tip:  Set to "EXP 1."

Exp/FS Ring:  Set to "FS5."

Global Settings > Footswitches

FS4 Function: Set to "EXP 1." 

FS5 Function: Set to "ToglEXP[1/2]."

21 hours ago, Kilrahi said:

I don't think you're going to get the Mosky switch to work this way because it's input is for a stereo cable.  Your Y cable is converting it with from a stereo cable to two TS cables. The Mosky isn't going to be able to do anything with that. You could use it with a single TRS cable (no split) and have it function as a dual footswitch for the Stomp, but you can't have it function as a single footswitch. 

As for using the mission expression pedal, there are a few things to check. This one is probably a waste of time, but you still want to ensure you nabbed the right one because there are several Mission pedals and they all look very similar: https://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/mission-engineering-helix-rack-expression-pedal-black/j31590000000000

Next, I use the Mission Helix SP1-L6 and love it.  It's my fave way to control the Stomp (vs. a dual foot switch which I also use sometimes) and the thing that always screws me up is that when I switch between the two methods I miss some global setting that causes it to bork itself. Make sure you double check that these settings are used when you are trying to use the Mission pedal:

Global Settings > Preferences

Exp/FS Tip:  Set to "EXP 1."

Exp/FS Ring:  Set to "FS5."

Global Settings > Footswitches

FS4 Function: Set to "EXP 1." 

FS5 Function: Set to "ToglEXP[1/2]."

Thanks for the reply...yup that's the same expression pedal I have...

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HXStompSP1Bun--line-6-hx-stomp-bundle-with-mission-engineering-expression-pedal

thanks for the info on setting up the SP1-L6H ...I thought ONLY Wah can be assigned to that toe switch... one more thing..do I really have to use a block to use it for volume?

and the exploration goes.....

1 minute ago, czarkhanpe said:

Thanks for the reply...yup that's the same expression pedal I have...

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HXStompSP1Bun--line-6-hx-stomp-bundle-with-mission-engineering-expression-pedal

thanks for the info on setting up the SP1-L6H ...I thought ONLY Wah can be assigned to that toe switch... one more thing..do I really have to use a block to use it for volume?

and the exploration goes.....

There are some cool tricks that you can try that may work for you (they did for me). If you'd prefer, you can assign expression pedal 1 or 2 to controls specific parameters on existing blocks.

For example, I regularly assign the drive of my amp model to expression pedal 1. That way I can manage volume and distortion without using an official volume pedal. Honestly, it works so well I almost never feel the desire to use a volume block. In fact, you can even assign multiple parameters to the same expression pedal (so, for example, I've assigned the drive and volume control on my amp block so that as I push on the pedal to up the drive, the volume parameter reduces slightly so that I still have a dynamic change between clean and distortion, but not quite as much as it does solely using the drive parameter.

Here's a video I first watched back when I was getting the Stomp that kind of opened my eyes to some of the work arounds that exist on the Stomp:

7 minutes ago, Kilrahi said:

There are some cool tricks that you can try that may work for you (they did for me). If you'd prefer, you can assign expression pedal 1 or 2 to controls specific parameters on existing blocks.

For example, I regularly assign the drive of my amp model to expression pedal 1. That way I can manage volume and distortion without using an official volume pedal. Honestly, it works so well I almost never feel the desire to use a volume block. In fact, you can even assign multiple parameters to the same expression pedal (so, for example, I've assigned the drive and volume control on my amp block so that as I push on the pedal to up the drive, the volume parameter reduces slightly so that I still have a dynamic change between clean and distortion, but not quite as much as it does solely using the drive parameter.

Here's a video I first watched back when I was getting the Stomp that kind of opened my eyes to some of the work arounds that exist on the Stomp:

WoW! that's a great!

thanks a lot!

Hello

I'm from italy and I live in Switzelarlsnd, so apologize for my English first of all. I will do my best. I'm new here... just bought HX Stomp last weekend. I'm a Pink Floyd/David Gilmour lover and I have tried to import patches from Custom Tones on Line 6 Web Pages. Seems that It doesn't work even if I have updated Firmware upto last version 2.71 as suggested. 

Before buying it I have been told that as long as last Fimware is released/update the two gears should be compatibily. I was also reading that you need both two gears/controls to do that (HX Stomp+Helix Unit), copying and pasting Preset from one control to the other one. This means that I can't dowload patches from Line 6 Web Pages directly to my HX Stomp?

Has anyone tried to download patches made for HELIX to stomp yet? Many Thanks in advance for help. Alessandro. 

4 hours ago, fagiano69 said:

Hello

I'm from italy and I live in Switzelarlsnd, so apologize for my English first of all. I will do my best. I'm new here... just bought HX Stomp last weekend. I'm a Pink Floyd/David Gilmour lover and I have tried to import patches from Custom Tones on Line 6 Web Pages. Seems that It doesn't work even if I have updated Firmware upto last version 2.71 as suggested. 

Before buying it I have been told that as long as last Fimware is released/update the two gears should be compatibily. I was also reading that you need both two gears/controls to do that (HX Stomp+Helix Unit), copying and pasting Preset from one control to the other one. This means that I can't dowload patches from Line 6 Web Pages directly to my HX Stomp?

Has anyone tried to download patches made for HELIX to stomp yet? Many Thanks in advance for help. Alessandro. 

What process are you using to download custom tones?  To clarify, you download them first to your PC, and then with HX Edit open and the Stomp connected to your PC, you drag and drop the files on to the slots you want in HX Edit. It always works great for me.

The issue may be if you are trying to do Helix tones.  They are only compatible if the Helix patch you are using employs six blocks and one chain. Many, many Helix owners use quite a few more than that so if you try to drag and drop those you get an error message.  

For me, the best way to sample Helix stuff was to purchase Native ($99 for Stomp users) and then drag a Helix patch there.  Then I could splice it down to a usable Stomp one and drag it over. 

Thanks a lot for kind reply ! I usually download custom tones first into PC and then I import files (I try at least) through HX EDIT and Stomp connected USB to PC, but it doesn't work. 

Maybe all files opened are patches done with more than six block and one chain as you said. so are read as incompatible/not suitable.

If I buy as you suggest, Helix native at 99 Usd price for Stomp Users, shall I manage Helix Patches from Sowftare in order to fit STOMP restrictions? this means that you should delete some items/sounds/effects from Helix Patches to fit it?   

3 minutes ago, fagiano69 said:

Thanks a lot for kind reply ! I usually download custom tones first into PC and then I import files (I try at least) through HX EDIT and Stomp connected USB to PC, but it doesn't work. 

Maybe all files opened are patches done with more than six block and one chain as you said. so are read as incompatible/not suitable.

If I buy as you suggest, Helix native at 99 Usd price for Stomp Users, shall I manage Helix Patches from Sowftare in order to fit STOMP restrictions? this means that you should delete some items/sounds/effects from Helix Patches to fit it?   

Yes, if you buy Helix Native then you can import Helix custom tones into Helix Native, dice them down to size, and then transfer them into HX Edit.

Before you do that though, I would try this: Go into custom tone and download an HX Stomp custom tone and try to drag it into HX Edit.

if it works you can be pretty confidant that the problem you're running into is the custom tones are too large for the Stomp. 

Keep in mind, you can also test Helix Native for about two weeks without purchasing it.  That can help you decide if it's worth it. 

On 11/21/2018 at 3:01 AM, sundance_kiddsg said:

Just wondering if anyone has used the return-in as an aux-in for an mp3 player.

I connected my ipad with a 3.5mm stereo to two 1/4inch cable and found the volume of the tracks very low despite the ipad being at full volume.

The only adjustment I gathered from the manual is to change the return type to 'aux in' in the global settings, unless there was something else I had missed.

I get round this by lowering my preset's volume and raising the volume knob on the stomp.

While this would work on my own presets, the factory presets will then be too loud.

Wanted to know if this is normal before I spring for another cable to try again.

Can you share which cable you're using to connect iPod to aux-in? I have never seen such an aux-in interface, normally it's just a regular 3.5mm...

6 hours ago, Andrewkha said:

Can you share which cable you're using to connect iPod to aux-in? I have never seen such an aux-in interface, normally it's just a regular 3.5mm...

This is the one I use. Love it.

UGREEN 3.5mm 1/8" TRS to Dual 6.35mm 1/4" TS Mono Stereo Y-Cable

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00ZKM3S4S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_d2TDCb8025S5M

1 hour ago, chadgarber said:

Here are some helpful videos I have put together that could help some with F.A.Q.s.  

I've been watching a lot of your videos over the last few weeks as you've been posting them.  Thank you for putting the time into doing them. 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2019 at 1:25 PM, soundog said:

I appreciate all the work that goes into making videos, but these now longer than a full-length movie. Two hours for one preset? Eek!

Yea, sorry about the lengths. I am exploring in the video and since there are so many parameters, it takes a long time. I will do shorter ones as well. I am positive, however, if you watch the whole thing, you will learn things (as I learn them, etc.).

I just did a demo video of an awesome existing preset: JimAnthem. I also tweaked it. You can download both presets:
Here is the link where you can download this preset. (I didn't make it): https://line6.com/customtone/tone/4099459/
Here is the link to this preset with my tweaks: 
https://line6.com/customtone/tone/4323778/

If you wanna watch my demo including me playing Amazing Grace, go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTF7bv10btQ

Hi guys, just wondering if this kind of routing is possible. I guess it is, because the manual let me guess that, but I'm looking for confirms.

So, the idea is to have 3 actual FX loops in the chain, using the two send/return FX blocks and a split path.I'll try to give a more clear example of a path:

guitar plugged into INPUT L/MONO --> split block which sends Left channel into path "A" --> Effect 1 --> Effect 2 (Which is actually FX Loop L) --> Effect 3 --> OUTPUT L/MONO --> external gear, i.e. preamp --> INPUT R --> now the same split block sends Right channel into path "B" --> Effect 4 --> Effect 5 (Which is actually FX Loop R) --> Effect 6 --> OUTPUT R --> external gear, i.e. power amp

That would allow to have one "fixed" loop, which is the preamp or whatever external gear one could imagine, and two "switchable" loops, which the Stomp can manage as usual.

I hope I managed to explain everything well.

Anyone can confirm this idea or tell me why it wouldn't work?

On 3/18/2019 at 2:57 PM, chadgarber said:

Jimi Hendrix - Star Spangled Banner -  HX Stomp Preset: https://youtu.be/PHQ7meIfMHs. #hxstomp #line6hxstomp  #jimihendrix #starspangledbanner

I really liked this one. Oddly enough, I have been wanting to create a patch for this to celebrate the upcoming July 4th so you saved me some serious time. 

Thank you!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Biz92k said:

Hi guys, just wondering if this kind of routing is possible. I guess it is, because the manual let me guess that, but I'm looking for confirms.

So, the idea is to have 3 actual FX loops in the chain, using the two send/return FX blocks and a split path.I'll try to give a more clear example of a path:

guitar plugged into INPUT L/MONO --> split block which sends Left channel into path "A" --> Effect 1 --> Effect 2 (Which is actually FX Loop L) --> Effect 3 --> OUTPUT L/MONO --> external gear, i.e. preamp --> INPUT R --> now the same split block sends Right channel into path "B" --> Effect 4 --> Effect 5 (Which is actually FX Loop R) --> Effect 6 --> OUTPUT R --> external gear, i.e. power amp

That would allow to have one "fixed" loop, which is the preamp or whatever external gear one could imagine, and two "switchable" loops, which the Stomp can manage as usual.

I hope I managed to explain everything well.

Anyone can confirm this idea or tell me why it wouldn't work?

I was going to reply by simply saying, "Yes, it ought to be able to do that," but I was bored and so to be cautious I tested it.  

It was easier for me to conceive of if I had the FX loops on path B and the path to the Amp on path A, but either path should work (so I did the reverse of what you described path wise). 

A few things I did to ensure it worked:

1. You have to move the Y split block far left and hard pan the two channels left and right.

2. The paths have to re-merge since the send block is no longer an option. To ensure they stayed separate I also hard panned the merge block left and right. 

I tested it extensively. I was able to activate each fx loop by the tap of a footswitch. The third artificial FX loop I was only able to activate by pushing the button of the actual pedal, but other than that it worked perfectly. 

I'm very curious as to why you would want such a complicated setup, but whatever the reason, it works. 

Test.jpg

Test 2.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kilrahi said:

I was going to reply by simply saying, "Yes, it ought to be able to do that," but I was bored and so to be cautious I tested it.  

It was easier for me to conceive of if I had the FX loops on path B and the path to the Amp on path A, but either path should work (so I did the reverse of what you described path wise). 

A few things I did to ensure it worked:

1. You have to move the Y split block far left and hard pan the two channels left and right.

2. The paths have to re-merge since the send block is no longer an option. To ensure they stayed separate I also hard panned the merge block left and right. 

I tested it extensively. I was able to activate each fx loop by the tap of a footswitch. The third artificial FX loop I was only able to activate by pushing the button of the actual pedal, but other than that it worked perfectly. 

I'm very curious as to why you would want such a complicated setup, but whatever the reason, it works. 

Whoa man, that's simply awesome. Really appreciated your test.

I wanted to use that complicated routing because I'm both lazy and nerd, so I like to set up my gear in the most flexible yet less tangled way possible. Using the 3 loop method, I could set the "fixed" loop for my amp, with the choice to completely cut it off from the chain using amp sims if I need a lighter setup, and use the two "normal" loops for analog gain stages (positioned in front of the amp which is in the fixed loop) or analogic modulations (after the amp). That way I could set up my pedalboard once for all, doing a nice and tidy routing, and have only so lay down the two cables of the "fixed loop" if needed.

That way the third artificial loop is "always on", as an amp is usually supposed to be, and I could cutting it away from the chain simply changing patch or preset.

My final goal is to use the stomp as a all-in-one brain for my rig, retaining flexibility and awesome sound quality.

Hope I was clear on my project! ;)

Thanks again man! :D

• Like 1

I sure would like to get the full helix but I need something to fit in my carry on luggage. Right now I carry pedals and then backline is supplied. Still have to stand there for a few minutes and get my sound together. It looks like HX stomp could be the answer. just wish there was something the size of HX effects or if the HX effects could add amps. Been using line 6 amps and plugins for years.

On 10/4/2018 at 4:04 PM, Digital_Igloo said:
HX STOMP FAQ

That thing looks small. Is it small?
Considering the amount of hardware inside, HX Stomp is practically microscopic—its footprint is smaller than a Line 6 M5 pedal, and pretty much identical to that of a three-switch Strymon. We spent a stupid amount of time and effort cramming massive power into a tiny chassis. It’ll even fit into the small top pocket on Helix Backpack.

Helix Backpack was out in 2015. That pocket was designed for HX Stomp all along?
Maaaayyybe?

Okay, we agree that it’s small, but what IS it?
At the risk of hyperbole, HX Stomp may be the most powerful and flexible compact stompbox ever made. It can replace multiple pedals on your board (so you have room for more!). It can act as the ultimate travel or backup guitar/bass rig—except it may provide enough simultaneous amps and effects to be your main guitar/bass rig. It can be used to expand the DSP/model set of existing pro modelers; throw it in your Kemper, Fractal, or Atomic’s effects loop to add all Helix amps and effects. It’s also a world-class portable guitar recording interface with digitally-controlled analog impedance circuits, zero-latency monitoring, multichannel re-amping, and headphone amp. (One might suggest it’s the perfect front end for the Helix Native plug-in.) HX Stomp is whatever you want it to be, wherever you want it to be.

How does it sound compared to Helix?
Aside from the maximum number of simultaneous effects and amps—six blocks total—HX Stomp sounds identical to Helix. They have the same effects, amps, cabs, IR loading, 24-bit/192kHz A/D/A converters, analog impedance circuits, and patented guitar ins with 123dB of dynamic range.

HX Effects is the same price. How is HX Stomp different?
HX Effects is designed to be the centerpiece of your pedalboard, giving you full control over individual Line 6 effects, your MIDI-equipped pedals, and your amp switching. HX Stomp is a programmable amps+cabs/IRs+effects stompbox that seamlessly integrates into a wide variety of environments and applications.

TL;DR: HX Effects is for amp and pedalboard guys, HX Stomp is for modeling guys… but amp and pedalboard guys might love it too!

What ins and outs does it have?
  • Left/Mono and Right 1/4” Inputs—switchable between instrument and line for use with passive guitars/basses, active guitars/basses, keyboards, synths, drum machines, electric nose flutes, and more
  • Left/Mono and Right 1/4” Outputs—balanced/unbalanced for feeding amps, FRFR speakers, or the front-of-house mixer
  • Stereo 1/4” TRS Send—with a Y cable, two separate mono effects loops (or one stereo effects loop) can be accommodated
  • Left/Mono and Right 1/4” Returns—globally switchable to act as an always-on Aux In for monitoring mixers or MP3 players
  • 1/4” stereo headphone out
  • 1/4” EXP 1/2, FS4/5 Input—can accommodate two expression pedals, two additional footswitches, one of each, or the Mission Helix pedal with toe switch (https://shop.line6.com/promotions/pedals/mission-expression-pedal-for-line-6-products.html)
  • MIDI In and Out/Thru
  • USB—for recording to/jamming along with Macs, PCs, iPads, and iPhones. (iPads and iPhones require the Apple Camera Connection Kit.) HX Stomp can feed both stereo paths into your computer—along with dry versions for reamping—simultaneously
  • DC In
Wait. How did you fit all that into something the size of two Tube Screamers? 
Black sparkle magic.

I hate editing little pedals with screens. How easy is HX Stomp to use? 
Very. WATCH THESE VIDEOS (around 10 minutes total) and you’ll be a master: line6.com/meet-hx-stomp
The full manual should be up shortly too: line6.com/support/manuals/hxstomp

How’s the build quality? Won’t you mess with the knobs when you stomp on it?
HX Stomp is built into a sturdy die-cast aluminum alloy case with the same footswitches and metal knobs from Helix. If you’re still worried, note that while in Play view, the four knobs closest to the switches are disabled.

How can I do anything with only three switches?
You can do a lot with three switches, but if you really need more, two additional external switches can be connected. HX Stomp also responds to a wide variety of MIDI commands, and any block or parameter can learn (or be manually assigned to) an incoming CC message. Plus, from the main Play view, you can press <PAGE/PAGE> or an external footswitch to select one of four footswitch modes on the fly.

Does HX Stomp have true analog bypass?
Yes. You may choose either analog bypass or DSP bypass with trails. To bypass everything press the upper and lower knobs together (or assign a footswitch to All Bypass).

Is there a Looper?
HX Stomp includes a mono or stereo 1 Switch Looper that can be placed anywhere in the signal flow.

Can it do 4-Cable Method?
Yes, and 7-Cable Method for stereo rigs. After hooking everything up, just add an FX Loop block to your tone; any blocks before the FX Loop will appear before your real amp’s preamp and any blocks after the FX Loop will appear between your real amp’s preamp and power amp sections. There are even 4-Cable Method presets to get you started. (Note the “4CM” presets won’t pass audio unless everything’s hooked up correctly!)

Is there an editor?
Yes. It uses the same HX Edit application as Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, and HX Effects, except with 126 presets and a simplified signal flow. Just update both HX Stomp’s firmware and HX Edit to 2.70. Both should be available very soon.

Can HX Stomp load Helix Floor, Helix Rack/Control, Helix LT, or HX Effects presets?
As long as the preset has six or fewer blocks, you can use HX Edit 2.70 (available soon) to access both devices at once and copy and paste blocks back and forth. Rebuilding a Helix preset in HX Stomp shouldn’t take more than 30 seconds.

Can HX Stomp presets be loaded into the Helix Native plug-in?
Not currently, but individual blocks can be copied and pasted between HX Edit 2.70 and Helix Native 1.70. Again, rebuilding an HX Stomp preset in Helix Native shouldn’t take more than 30 seconds.

I know a bunch of us wanted something smaller than Helix LT, but did you have to make it THAT small?
< disapproving side-eye >

From the beginning, we understood that for HX Stomp to navigate the widest ocean of adopters (pedalboard guitarists, traveling guitarists, bassists, buskers, keyboardists, producers, fans of desktop PODs, curious Pedalboards of Doom members who post anti-modeling memes, etc.), it needed to be extremely versatile and almost obnoxiously portable. That meant squeezing it into a tough-as-nails pedal—not a slightly smaller traditional floor modeler—yet never sacrificing any sound quality or what it means to be Helix/HX.

Yeah, but that honkin’ huge DC-3G power supply is like a third the size of the entire pedal!
The power supply is large, yes. To ensure the same signal integrity of its bigger brothers, we needed a burly power supply.

That said, these two seem to work just fine:
  • Strymon Zuma R300—Appears to work fine when doubling up TWO 9V outputs
  • Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 4x4—Appears to work fine when doubling up TWO 9V outputs
IMPORTANT NOTE #1: HX Stomp’s sophisticated circuitry pulls notably more than your average pedal. Hence, we used a DC IN jack with a larger center pin to sort of disincentivize people from throwing whatever at it. The stock DC cables that come with the power supplies listed above will NOT fit. Note that Eventide does the exact same thing with their H9.

IMPORTANT NOTE #2: YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN. Feel free to use this FAQ as a starting point, but Line 6 is not responsible for any damage incurred when using HX Stomp with any third-party power supplies. That is, if someone writes "B-b-but Line 6 said I could use [power supply X!]," someone will hopefully refer them to this post where I make it perfectly clear that we only *officially* support our DC-3G.

Can HX Stomp run on batteries?
No.

The chassis gets a bit warm after a while. Is that normal?
Yes. HX Stomp isn’t a budget modeler—it’s a hardcore, professional solution with four circuit boards (one with 12 layers) crammed with serious analog and digital circuitry that happens to have been meticulously squeezed into a tiny chassis. It’s gonna put off a bit of heat. Totally normal.

If you connect all the jacks on the sides, it kinda looks like an octopus.
The most commonly used jacks are all on the back. Besides, octopuses are awesome. Have you seen them open jars?

Excuse me, but the plural of octopus is octopi.

Dimensions/weight?
Including the jacks, 7”w x 5”d x 2.5”h; 1.75 lbs.

What’s the price?
$599.99 US street.

When is HX Stomp available?
Now.

I just bought a Helix Stomp and was planning on using my Voodoo Labs 4x4 to power it.... could you expand on how you used 2 9v outputs on that unit? I have a voltage doubler cable that will use two outputs with one jack ..... or do I need to use the red 2.5mm reverse polarity cable? 

1 hour ago, forfunk49 said:

I just bought a Helix Stomp and was planning on using my Voodoo Labs 4x4 to power it.... could you expand on how you used 2 9v outputs on that unit? I have a voltage doubler cable that will use two outputs with one jack ..... or do I need to use the red 2.5mm reverse polarity cable? 

I really don't think you need to reverse the polarity. Just use the doubler.

The Stomp is center negative, so as long as the Voodoo Labs output is (and they usually are because most pedals are center negative) you're set.

6 hours ago, Kilrahi said:

I really don't think you need to reverse the polarity. Just use the doubler.

The Stomp is center negative, so as long as the Voodoo Labs output is (and they usually are because most pedals are center negative) you're set.

Thanks. I only mention the reverse polarity cable because the PP4x4 comes with a 2.5mm Centre Positive cable for the H9 and DL4 etc. 

So a doubler cable and 2.1 to 2.5 adapter should do the trick? 

5 hours ago, forfunk49 said:

Thanks. I only mention the reverse polarity cable because the PP4x4 comes with a 2.5mm Centre Positive cable for the H9 and DL4 etc. 

So a doubler cable and 2.1 to 2.5 adapter should do the trick? 

Yes. That should be all you need. The old H9 and DL4 were center positive devices, hence the need for a reverse polarity cord for those.