Digital_Igloo

HX Stomp FAQ

Hi all

I use my HX Stomp in Snapchat mode but I have this extremely annoying thing happening almost all the time. When I touch (NOT PRESS) two footswitches at the same time the "Copy Snap 3 to 2" appears. Is there any way to disable the "touch" function so that only the "press footswitch" function is active?

Thanks for helping me out! 

1 hour ago, dejoandersson said:

Hi all

I use my HX Stomp in Snapchat mode but I have this extremely annoying thing happening almost all the time. When I touch (NOT PRESS) two footswitches at the same time the "Copy Snap 3 to 2" appears. Is there any way to disable the "touch" function so that only the "press footswitch" function is active?

Thanks for helping me out! 

Yes. You need to change the "Stomp Select" setting from "Touch" to "Press." It's found through the following:

Global Settings > Footswitches > Stomp Select > Press. 

I know that I can use Helix presets with my HX stomp, but there is something I have not found the answer to. Let's say I download a helix preset from the line 6 forums, and this preset has more than 6 blocks. When I load it onto the HX stomp, how does it decide which block to eliminate? Does it just take the first 6 blocks and put that on the HX stomp? I can't find this information anywhere, and I've downloaded many presets but I am not sure if I have the whole preset if that makes sense. 

So I know I can put HX Effects patches onto an HX Stomp, but can I do it the other way? Can I put HX Stomp patches on an HX Effects?

1 hour ago, andyfrey95 said:

So I know I can put HX Effects patches onto an HX Stomp, but can I do it the other way? Can I put HX Stomp patches on an HX Effects?

Only if there isn't an amp/cab block since the HX Effects can't do that stuff. 

hi,

question: when changing presets, does the hx read the current expression pedal setting....? or can i store a value it should go to after recalling and then only jump to the expression pedal value after moving it...?

thanks

p.s.: i not sure yet, but sometimes i think hx doesn´t react to the expression peal movement...then i move it again and it works...i can´t really calibrate it, right? does this "expression pedal 2 active" always show up, when the pedal is moved...?

5 hours ago, rudomat said:

hi,

question: when changing presets, does the hx read the current expression pedal setting....? or can i store a value it should go to after recalling and then only jump to the expression pedal value after moving it...?

thanks

p.s.: i not sure yet, but sometimes i think hx doesn´t react to the expression peal movement...then i move it again and it works...i can´t really calibrate it, right? does this "expression pedal 2 active" always show up, when the pedal is moved...?

I'm not sure I understand what your question is on that last part.

In terms of the HX, if you save a preset with specific minimums and maximums all of those things will load when you reload that preset. It won't immediately determine what position the expression pedal is in, but when you go to move it it will then react to that and adjust the expression pedal position based on where it is. 

I believe when you load a preset it assumes the pedal is floored. I'm going off memory though but I'm pretty sure that's how it worked. 

"Expression pedal 2 active" isn't what shows up if expression pedal 1 is active . . . is that what you mean? 

22 minutes ago, Kilrahi said:

floored means completely open...? is there no other possibility for that...?cause normally i´d  try to have it recall a value that´s pretty much in the middle...so a have headroom up and down...

the other thing...sometimes i think it simply doesn´t react to the movement of the pedal...therefore i thought i maybe needed to calibrate it...

6 hours ago, rudomat said:

hi,

thanks

This behavior is determined by the EXP # Position setting in Global Settings>EXP Pedals. If you set to Global, the value of the parameters controlled by the expression pedal will always reflect the current position of the pedal. If you set it to Per Preset, the a specific value will be recalled with the preset, but if you switch snapshots, the parameter values will track the pedal position. If you switch it to Per Snapshot, the parameter value saved with the snapshot will be recalled and stay that way until you move the pedal.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, phil_m said:

This behavior is determined by the EXP # Position setting in Global Settings>EXP Pedals. If you set to Global, the value of the parameters controlled by the expression pedal will always reflect the current position of the pedal. If you set it to Per Preset, the a specific value will be recalled with the preset, but if you switch snapshots, the parameter values will track the pedal position. If you switch it to Per Snapshot, the parameter value saved with the snapshot will be recalled and stay that way until you move the pedal.

Thanks for the clarification Phil.

You're basically the God of all things HX. 

That's a cool global setting. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/10/2019 at 3:51 PM, dylanburrett said:

I know that I can use Helix presets with my HX stomp, but there is something I have not found the answer to. Let's say I download a helix preset from the line 6 forums, and this preset has more than 6 blocks. When I load it onto the HX stomp, how does it decide which block to eliminate? Does it just take the first 6 blocks and put that on the HX stomp? I can't find this information anywhere, and I've downloaded many presets but I am not sure if I have the whole preset if that makes sense. 

(Sorry, my inglish is very bad, use traslator please ).  Yo lo que hago es, de un patch de Helix, tratar de dejar lo basico, 1) configuracion de Amp 2)si usa un modulador que le da un sonido particular 3) distorsion.. Se puede omitir la reverb, ya que mas que nada es un sonido ambiente . Espero te sirva

On 10/24/2019 at 12:02 PM, Kilrahi said:

Thanks for the clarification Phil.

You're basically the God of all things HX. 

That's a cool global setting. 

It is indeed hard to overstate phil_m's contributions to this forum. That is the most cogent and concise explanation of those settings I have seen.