Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Cannot Adjust Computer Volume..

kocas

I am using hd500x plugged in directly via USB to a Macbook pro. I get the sounds. Both the guitar and the computer playback sound fine. However, volume controls on the mac does not seem to work. I tried the slider under the sys preferences > sound (hd500x selected as output device), but that does not change the output level either - mac's volume change effect plays each time I play with the slider, but its volume is always the same.. Volume knobs on the pedal are set to reasonable levels. master volume knob just turns up everything (computer + guitar), while amp knob adjusts the guitar. Even when I max the amp volume out, guitar output is much quieter than the computer, which means I need to turn the computer down, which I cannot do.

Does anyone have this problem? 

i use it like that and basically turn down the volume on itunes or youtube player... 

but its overall easy enough for me to manage, as i have the pro rackmounted right underneath the monitor making that master volume easy to get at...

i use it like that and basically turn down the volume on itunes or youtube player...

but its overall easy enough for me to manage, as i have the pro rackmounted right underneath the monitor making that master volume easy to get at...

That is quite a basic solution, I've been trying to manage. But it is very inconvenient for me (given the positions of the speaker controls, computer and the pro) and more importantly I just don't understand why we cannot tweak the system volume..

I wonder, do Windows users have this problem?