Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Derailed Ingrid preamp digital fizz

mattt67

Hi there 

I use my Helix in 4 cable method and I’m very pleased with the results. 

It’s a lot of fun to try the various preamps. 

I just have a problem with the Trainwreck preamp. It seems there’s a lot of high end digital fizz regardless of volume or gain settings. It’s the only preamp that does this. 

Any of you 4cm or Fx return users experience this?

thanks for your feedback 

I've noticed that with a few of the amps, actually. Particularly when going for a clean sound with just a touch of grit to it. I think it's just the nature of the beast. The Archon models don't have much of it, though, presumably because they are newer models that use a bit more DSP.

On 10/11/2018 at 10:30 AM, GlennDeLaune said:

Try using the Pad switch in the Global settings. That might take care of it.

Thanks, I've tried the pad switch but the fizz is still there.

I've attached a little MP3 file where you can clearly here what I'm talking about

On 10/8/2018 at 3:35 PM, njglover said:

I've noticed that with a few of the amps, actually. Particularly when going for a clean sound with just a touch of grit to it.

Now that I've done a bit more testing, I realize you're right, there is a little bit of fizz on all my clean preamps presets, it's just much more noticeable and annoying on the Derailed Ingrid...Bit of a bummer...  I don't think I'm clipping anything, but the highly demanded meters would be appreciated here. FWIW there is no fizz at all when I use my amp's preamp.

Is that what some people call squirrels?

Thanks for your help guys

Derailed Ingrid Fizz.mp3