Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hey Guys New To The Forum Need Help With A Tone For Hd500

dozer3

Guys I have a HD500 and Im looking for that true stryper sound I am running my POD straight into a PA system and or XLR monitors. Also can you convert a patch that was created with like the X3 or any other POD to the HD 500, Any help would greatly appreciated.

Guys I have a HD500 and Im looking for that true stryper sound I am running my POD straight into a PA system and or XLR monitors. Also can you convert a patch that was created with like the X3 or any other POD to the HD 500, Any help would greatly appreciated.

From what I've found the only ones you would be able to convert would be HD300/400/Pro, not sure about HD500X although someone has probably addressed that. There is pinned post on the first page of this forum that contains link for a converter download. Bear in mind you may need to make adjustments to converted patches. The older PODs used different format from any of the POD HD models so I don't believe there is any way to use them. At least that is my understanding.

Sorry, not very familiar with Stryper although I do remember the name.

Try downloading the Editor for the gear you want to emulate, in this case the X3.  Run it off-line and load the X3 patch and then duplicate the settings in the HD Edit.  It may not be exact but it should get you in the ball park for final tweaking...

• Upvote 1