Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native not working in Reaper

mcgourtykieran

I have purchased, downloaded and Installed Helix Native on my laptop (Windows10). But it is not working in reaper, I Selected it in reaper and it asked  me to Authorise so I did and is has not worked, every time I try to use it I get told it has failed to connect because of a DSP error code 8200.

I do not know what to do next, can someone help me take the next step

Thanks

works just fine in studio one 4 pro. I wish other companies wouldn't make it so hard to get things to work. Although, I think you guys should seriously think about making Native available for download for $99 regardless of which one you buy; Helix, Helix LT, or even the Helix Stomp. I know you put a whole lot into this plug in, and that R&D doesn't come cheap. However, when I bought a the AVID Eleven Rack, the Editor/plug in came free. The Stomp is around the same price, and I was THIS close to buying a Helix LT tonight... but then i realized I had to pay even more for it to work in my DAW by also buying Native?? Not a good move on your part. People like us aren't made of money. The biggest selling point of these devices is that it is an affordable yet comparable alternative to the Kemper or Rack Effects units that cost thousands more. If you really want to blow them out of the water, offer a more reasonable download for Native with Purchase of your other offerings. At the very least, offer the native for $99 if you buy the LT. I would buy one right now, but only if the native download is drastically reduced. Awesome job though.

Edited by Corybaker
i forgot what i was trying to say. lol

The full-blown Eleven-Rack plug-in version (Eleven MK II) costs $499, and doesn't come with the hardware. If you got it bundled for free , that was a really good deal! BTW, If you watch, sometimes Helix Native goes on sale. Maybe Black Friday? Not sure how cheap the sale price usually is, though, I doubt if it would be as low as $99, but you never know.

• 2 weeks later...

This probably does you no good, but it works in Reaper for me running under Windows 7 (64-bit). Still works after the update, too.  

Update 11/04/2021

I did an upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10. Helix Native in pre-existing presets would not load properly. 

An error pop-up said it could not load favorites - function not on line; and DSP not initialized.

I eventually clicked on the gear icon (lower left) and clicked on RESTORE FACTORY SETTINGS.

Everything began to work properly.

Edited by rappel353
Upgrade to Win 10 caused Helix Native plug in to not initialize properly.

• 2 years later...

getting the error 8200 on Studio one 5 w/ the update. worked fine this morning before I did the darn update. it's the only comp that it is authorized on. disconnected the anti V before I downloaded and set up plus it now crashes Studio One..

Well, I unauthorized the comp and re authorized.. still 8200 error plus it crashes Studio One over and over...

Seems next step is to delete Native from the comp..too bad this "update" 

third time's a charm...whew

• Like 1