Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Audio In from a Phone?

nbiglin

I have a Helix standard floor unit and was wondering what the best way to get my jam tracks from my phone (android) through the helix is? When I'm at the desk I'll plug in the computer through USB and that works great, but a phone only has 1/8in out. Maybe 1/8in to SPDIF? Does Helix's SPDIF take audio for tracks, or does it convert to signal input?

Otherwise a cable that has 1/8" stereo on one side and L/R split 1/4" plugs on the other, run that into a pair of the Return jacks. In any part of the signal chain you can add the Return as a stereo pair. You can put it at the very end of the chain or before some effects. Doesn't have to go on a dedicated input.

https://www.amazon.com/TRS-Dual-Stereo-Audio-Cable/dp/B0795VR79W

I used a 1/8" to 1/4" adapter and 1/8" male/male cord I found from a set of headphones to connect my Android phone to one of the Returns on the Helix.  Then I just added that fx loop block to the patch I was using.  It actually worked great aside from having to sit through some Youtube commercials while looking up backing tracks.