Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD Desktop to Helix Native

deparko

Greetings,

long time POD HD user. Wondering whether its worth it to upgrade to Helix Native. Long time jazz and fusion player always looking for "that" sound and never quite happy. I love the sound this kid gets

https://www.facebook.com/Snipsjazzfusion/videos/2051211211786296/

He is using Helix..never quite got that with the POD HD but will continue to search.

Deparko

Hello, 

I upgraded from the POD HD as well and to be honest at times its a mixed bag HXN. Others might and will shoot me for saying this but I have spent months getting tones that sound incredible on there own.. and even the preset and IR packs you can buy are all mostly pretty good and will get you going. 

The problem with HXN is getting it to sit in a mix if you use it for studio and DAW only work. That beauty of a tone might just vanish in a mix and trying to add HXN as na insert can be very hit and miss too.. So it depends on what you want to use it for.. but try the demo on here and download some of the free tone packs and Ir's and see how it works for you. 

Good luck!