Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp & Customtone section

GuitarAnthony

Curious if the presets from previous Helix models would work on the HX Stomp. I would imagine so but even tho I've registered my new HX Stomp, it's not letting me download from the CustomTone area nor was the pedal showing up in HX Edit for me. It did for the Line 6 updater. 

I'm enjoying the pedal so far. Easy to dial in tones & sounds great. Surprised how hot the pedal gets. Not overwhelming burning hot but still was surprised. 

8 minutes ago, gunpointmetal said:

I'm not sure how they'd port them, because for them to work with the Stomp they would have to be 6 blocks or less.

Ah, good point. Looks like I'll have to wait until Line 6 makes a section for it then.

Another plus is they made the amp/cab combo be only 1 block. Enjoying the hell out of the HX Stomp. I had gotten the Headrush Gigboard & while the display was very nice with the touchscreen, I just wasn't happy with the effect models so I returned it and exchanged for the HX Stomp.

• Upvote 1

You can do an amp/cab combo block on the "big" Helix too, but most people like the flexibility of separating them. I was looking at the Stomp as a backup for the Helix, but the block limit and not-so-instantaneous patch switching are kind of a put-off. I like the design of the HeadRush stuff, but I don't like using "updated" amp modeling from a decade ago.

• Upvote 1