Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

turning off all fx blocks doesn´t automatically make true bypass

rudomat

If you mean Helix, because the input and output blocks are never off, and there's processing required for VDI input. 

If you mean Helix FX, although the input and output blocks aren't visible, they're probably still there, and just don't consume UI space. So true bypass requires specific user input - although Helix FX automatically goes into true bypass if you remove power.

Which unit are you talking about?

The three Helix models don't offer true byass at all, but on the HX Effects and Stomp, the main reason is that it's possible to have all the blocks bypassed and still have other things likes splits and merges going inside the unit. So it might be possible to have it behave that way, but from what I understand it wouldn't necessarily be simple from the programming side.

Do you mean that all the unused blocks I keep off for possible use, are affecting the signal ???

That's a big news to me and a definitive request. I don't see why programming wise it would be difficult, "If block is off then go to next block..."

It should at least be an option in the global settings, true byPass or not....

I will have to review all my patches :(

2 hours ago, olivierJez said:

Do you mean that all the unused blocks I keep off for possible use, are affecting the signal ???

That's a big news to me and a definitive request. I don't see why programming wise it would be difficult, "If block is off then go to next block..."

It should at least be an option in the global settings, true byPass or not....

I will have to review all my patches :(

No, bypassed blocks don’t affect your signal. This post is talking about how the HX Effects and HX Stomp are set to analog bypass versus DSP bypass.

6 hours ago, phil_m said:

No, bypassed blocks don’t affect your signal. This post is talking about how the HX Effects and HX Stomp are set to analog bypass versus DSP bypass.

yes...talking about the hx fx and stomp...i´d wish it to be anaog bypasses the moment i switch the last fx block off...couldn´t that be solved...?

thanks