Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

help picking Hd500

Dazzer40

I am looking to buy a hd500x or firehawk fx and  I am not sure which one two get  , Do they sound the same?  I have read up on both and I still cant decided I have heard some people say the firehawk sounds a little bit better but I don't know if this is true .

Also depends on whether you want to use the device editor on a mobile device (ios/Android - Firehawk) or a PC (Windows/Mac - HD500/x). Quite a few people buy Firehawk and then complain that there's no PC-based editor. If that's important to you don't buy Firehawk; on the other hand if you like the idea of a mobile app don't buy HD500.

The POD is generally agreed to deliver better tones but there's definitely a longer learning curve to get there. Firehawk is easier to learn but more limited in its features.

Both devices work fine for recording/DAW purposes.

Yeah, by the way, when he says "pc editor", he means an actual pc. Your microsoft windows netbook is not going to work on the 500. Your samsung galaxy tablet is not going to work. 

But, to answer the question that we have all avoided answering because the answer isn't a "definitive", it is a "situational".... 

I believe that the two units sound the same for the features and parameters that are the same. 

One simply has more features and parameters. 

Think of it this way.... 

You are buying a car (I like car examples because we all drive). 

Your choice is a 2010 fully loaded Cadillac DTS or a 2014 bare bones Cadillac CTS. 

Obviously they are different models but since they are the same company, they are based around the same quality standards. And, also obvious is the fact that one has the top package of options while the other does not. But they both get you there on 4 wheels at 55mph.

Based on the information given, what isn't obvious is - in 2010, Apple Car play was not available at all, not even on the fully loaded package. In 2014, Apple Car play was included in all models. But they both get you there on 4 wheels at 55mph.

The 2010 has the automatic seats with the memory positions and individual climate controls. While the 2014 doesn't use a metal key, it used the plastic credit card looking thing. But they both get you there on 4 wheels at 55mph.

You get the idea?

He didn't say anything about needing Midi.  Why have something more complicated and difficult to work with if you don't need it.  How many people have come here and struggled to get tones out of the PODHD ?  Yes the PODHD is better and more flexible but it's also more difficult to work with.