Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Pc Build, Os And 3.0 Usb Questions

I am finishing up the new PC build i have been working on for the last month,

and i wanted to know if the UX2 is going to have any issues or updates for Windows 8.1,

and any feedback on using the 3.0 USB ports.

I should have the build finished in a few days, will the 3.0 USB help with signal latency.?

do you, or will you be supporting win 8.1.? 

I have updated all my drivers and my Monkey to this PC, and everything is working fine, 

but my new PC will be 20 x faster than this old lollipop thing, and even though it's working fine,

will it benefit me moving it all over to the new build. I will eventually be moving everything over, as this can't last forever.  

you dont want to use usb 3.0 no advantages and it sometimes causes issues. windows 8.1 works fine. 

no telling if you'll have issues... too many variables to know until you give it a try... different ram, chipsets, drivers installs, etc etc...

in all likeliness you'll be fine.. but some machines just have issues regardless of age etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess the only way to find out is swap over all my programs from Line 6 to my new PC..

will i have issues of any device not working due to new PC.?

I remember all the hoops i had to jump through to get this stuff working proper the 1st time...lol

the only thing stopping me is my old lollipop Cool Edit Pro 2.1  i really like it,  

i guess if i do not remove anything from my old PC, i'll still have it..  as i have both PC running side by side.

And Thank you for the Help.

• 2 years later...

I can't work with USB 3.0 and Pod HD500x.
Sometimes it works for a few days, but suddenly the system crashed several times.
From one moment to the next I get a second latency on every action, even starting the sequencer.
When I'm lucky I get it to save the projekt before it crashes. And then it crashes several times, with blue screen talking bout podhd driver problems.
No way to risk it in a live setup...
I use asio4all now and connect my Asus Audio out to the aux input minijack of my hd500x, what was not my intention, of cause.
Now I must search for an alternative.
Or a better line6 driver.