Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Volume Pedal Goes Quiet in Toe Down

marcusanderson

HX Effects...running my Dunlop Volume Pedal in Ext. Ped. 2 slot. Goes from zero (heel down) to 100 (nearly toe down), but back to nearly zero when toe is all the way down. I've gone through every setting, global setting, command center...cannot find a setting to fix this. Any ideas? Thanks, guys. 

Well, fundamentally the Dunlop pedal is a TRS expression pedal and Line 6 gear is made for TS expression pedals. That's not to say you can't use it, but the first thing to do is use a TS cable. I believe there is a polarity switch inside that pedal (is the Dunlop DVP4?). I've read that flipping that and changing the polarity seeing the Stomp's Global Settings menu for the EXP you're using may do the trick for this pedal.

22 minutes ago, phil_m said:

Well, fundamentally the Dunlop pedal is a TRS expression pedal and Line 6 gear is made for TS expression pedals. That's not to say you can't use it, but the first thing to do is use a TS cable. I believe there is a polarity switch inside that pedal (is the Dunlop DVP4?). I've read that flipping that and changing the polarity seeing the Stomp's Global Settings menu for the EXP you're using may do the trick for this pedal.

It's a DVP 1, so I don't think there's a polarity switch (at least that I could find in the manual).  Is there a way around this? Or, do I just need a different volume pedal? 

On 10/15/2018 at 2:00 PM, marcusanderson said:

It's a DVP 1, so I don't think there's a polarity switch (at least that I could find in the manual).  Is there a way around this? Or, do I just need a different volume pedal? 

Are you using a TS cable?

• 2 years later...

Hello

i have the same issue (100 near the toe position but 0 at the toe ) . Does anyone has a fix ?

I did change polarity which helped (100 was in the middle) but still get 0 at full toe. 
So far the only thing that works is to put a piece of cork to prevent the pedal to get all the way down. Is there a more elegant solution ?