Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Expression Pedal Weirdness

cchimi

I'm trying to use a Valeton Surge EP-2 with my new Stomp.  The Stomp recognizes it, and  responds to it.  But, weirdly, instead of climbing from, say, 0-100, it climbs from 0-100 in about half the throw of the  Surge, then dives from 100-0 in the second  half of the throw.  I've tried three different cables:

TRS to TRS

TRS to TS

TRS to TS and TS (Y cable, maybe better described as TRS to TS and RS?)

All configurations operate the same.  Using the Y cable, it makes no difference if the Surge is on the TS or RS leg.  I've gone into global settings on the Stomp and inverted the ring, with no discernible difference.

I hooked up a BOSS FV7 pedal, and  it works OK, but I can't use it for this purpose.

Any ideas?  Any help would be appreciated.

Carl

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to say I never got it to work.  I ended up getting a DOD mini expression pedal, which works fine.  I gave the  Valeton to my duo mate, who uses it as an analog volume pedal for her guitar and looper.  I suspect I could have rewired the Valeton to work with my HX Stomp, but it wasn't worth the effort.  I also  suspect the weirdness is peculiar to Line6 somehow, not to the general run of effects pedal products, but I can't prove that.

My research (conducted AFTER I had purchased the Valeton pedal) suggests you are correct.  As I said, I think  I could have rewired that pedal, but it works great for my duo mate, and the DOD seems to work fine with the  Stomp.  So, I never really explored the rewiring scenario.

Hopefully, the information you share here will help others to find the right pedal out of the gate. 

• Like 1

• 5 years later...