Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stomp - Turn Off Touch

cchimi

• 1 year later...
On 8/5/2020 at 5:50 PM, theElevators said:

a bug where disabling it doesn't actually disable it

I can confirm it too.

I just reloaded Firmware 2.91 to compare, and "Stomp Select: Press" works as expected.

Updating to 2.92 again reintroduces the bug where "Stomp Select: Press" doesn't disable Touch at all.

6 hours ago, Elephantstomp said:

Does someone know what supposed to happen, when disabling touch?

Perhaps something else is meant, but I don´t know.

According to Line 6 support, the expected behavior is that this setting only affects the Edit Mode, but not e.g. Snapshots copying or swapping!

That doesn't really make much sense to me, but there you go. I, for one, would enjoy to have Touch disabled globally.

Interestingly enough: I have actually contacted the support because the Touch feature seems to be completely dead on the FS1 of my new HX Stomp, but it works (with the bug) on FS2 & FS3. But that issue looks more like a hardware failure to me. Even though I can't say I'm too unhappy with it, having one less erratic touch footswitch to watch out for.

(Disclosure: I do enjoy playing barefoot. ;)

• 1 year later...
15 minutes ago, coachz said:

Just touching it activates it.

It works exactly as it should on my Helix floor running v3.15. All four modes - Off - Touch - Press - Touch+Press.

When weird, or expected stuff happens - Factory reset!

Hope this helps/makes sense.

9 minutes ago, coachz said:

Thanks but I did a factory reset. I've only had the unit for 2 days

Contrary to all logic, this is the intended behavior.  Touching tap brings up global tempo menus.  This to me is the most dangerous setting: you can accidentally override all preset/snapshots' tempo settings.  For example, I have some delays that are timed to a song.  If those stop behaving as intended, it'll sound like garbage. 

So.... basically always ensure your global tempo settings are as you expect them to be. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, coachz said:

That's good to know.  I noticed my right hand hitting it and activating it when adjusting globals.  All of a sudden, tempo would pop up and then I realized I was touching it with my palm.

There are a myriad of settings you can accidentally override/change.  So -- before you start messing with anything: BACK UP YOUR HX device.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1