Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp + Morningstar MC6

Thps2

Hi all -

brand new to midi etc. used to big rigs but primarily all analog.

Here is my ideal setup for touring - a HX Stomp and Morningstar MC6.

can I set it up so that say, I have tap/tuner on the hx stomp, two switches on it that Switch between two amps (or snapshots of one amp?) and I have the morning star setup to individually turn on and off three effects in the block? (Two delays and verbs) I would then have two foot switches set to go up and down between patches

sorry if this isn’t clear enough. Just curious!

Thanks.

You could, but you'd need to program the Morningstar for each Preset, the way I understand.

There is no way to calibrate a Midi controller to always turn on Blocks 2, 3, 4 etc... They can only toggle specific effects or parameters, within a Preset.

The way I was thinking of setting-up my Morningstar was (and I am not 100% sure I can do this just yet, but we'll see):

* Bank 1 = looper control

* Bank 2 = 6 presets

* Bank 3 = 6 presets

* Each Preset button takes me to a dedicated Bank, with blocks toggle buttons (i.e. I select a Preset, and the same action also changes to the Bank with the Preset's stomp or Snapshot settings)

* Leave the core Unit in Snapshot mode

Or, it may make more sense to leave the HX in Stomp mode, and toggle snapshots only. I got a Boss FS-7 to add two footswitches to the HX, which work as FS4/FS5 for ALL presets (I could, for example, ALWAYS map blocks 4 and 5 to be OD + Mod, and always mapped to FS4 and 5, though the process is roughly the same as if I were to do that via MIDI).

The extent of my Midi knowledge was gathered last night while pondering exactly what you're asking, so I may be wrong :)

• 2 years later...

Hi Guys 

Sorry I’ve tacked in to an old thread...but it’s relevant to a question I have. Am using the MC6 with my HX stomp...assigning the FS4 & FS5 functions to preset up and down. Sometimes I have to jump more than ten banks (ie frm say preset 34a to 10a or the like) when the singer calls out a random song. Is there a way I can set up the MC6 to jump more than one preset at a time? At the mo it moves me only one - 34A to 34B for example. So if I want to jump quickly thru multiple banks can I do that by assigning a switch on the MC6? Thanks in advance :)))) 

• 2 weeks later...