Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Adding External Volume Pedal to Effects Loop 2 in HX

marcusanderson

So, I've got one effects loop running just fine in 4CM, but I'm trying to rig a way to use my Dunlop DVP1 volume pedal with this setup after my straight-to-amp effects, but before my reverbs/delays in FX Loop1.  I can't seem to get it rigged correctly though.  If the DVP1 worked as an expression pedal with the HX, I'd just plug it in there and insert a volume block, but that is sadly not possible.  So, for a dummy like me...how should this be rigged up?  Thanks. 

Edited by marcusanderson
Left out FX Loop #

Put it in the loop between yours amp's fx send and the Helix return. That way you can fade out the amp without affecting the delays/reverbs. OR put it between the Helix 1/4" out and your amp's fx return, which will fade everything. Don't be surprised if it adds noise to your signal. That might indicate that the Mission Engineering Expression pedal (made for Helix) with a Volume Block is a better choice than the Dunlop.

40 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

Put it in the loop between yours amp's fx send and the Helix return. That way you can fade out the amp without affecting the delays/reverbs. OR put it between the Helix 1/4" out and your amp's fx return, which will fade everything. Don't be surprised if it adds noise to your signal. That might indicate that the Mission Engineering Expression pedal (made for Helix) with a Volume Block is a better choice than the Dunlop.

Thanks, man!  That is EXACTLY what I needed to do.  I've got a Behringer Hum Destroyer in there, so the noise isn't an issue. Appreciate you, my friend. 

On 10/17/2018 at 6:12 AM, mgrainger said:

I'd use the Dunlop as an expression and use it to control a volume block in the HX Effects... I've been doing this since I got mine and had no issues moving from a standard front of the amp configuration to 4CM..

Which Dunlop pedal are you using? I've got the DVP1 and once I go full toe down, it goes to zero. 

I'm using the Dunlop Mini Volume pedal.... the DVP1 needs some configuring to work if I remember correctly.... the HX needs to have the polarity reversed and then you have to open the DVP1 and flip the polarity switch in there too... it sounds really counter intuitive to me but that's what I've seen people say has worked for them.