Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

First Rig setup help pls :)

LambdaKing

Hey guys, I am trying to come up with a good solution for good and fun setup.  so I am getting a little  bored of my yamaha th 10x :)

now i wonder if maybe the right choice would be a  Fender Bassbreaker 15 Combo + hx effects  for my new home setup and i am also using headphones often aswell

or maybe the new hx stomp + some studio monitors? well i am new to amp mod i dont even know if studio monitors is the way to go in this case. 

can someone please enlight a newcomer like me THX! or share some ideas

I have a thr10X which is still my go to practice amp - so quick to get on with playing and no option paralysis.

Just bought a Helix LT for live use (to replace my aging Vox Tonelab SE)

So I have been using the thr10x as a monitor for the Helix - its not bad - the thr is quite flat and stereo - just not so ballsey at the bottom end. I take the headphone out and run it into the aux in feed. Also, since I have the LT not the full fat Helix, I can use the thr to blend aux and other sources - so good for practice and setting up patches.

I tried the HX for a short while, but ulitimatley I'm not a massive effects user, so it seemed like overkill, the form factor of the LT combined with its functionality and pathing options make it a much better fit for me. I need to de-clutter my stage space quite a bit!

I also have a Boss Katana 100, again, a good amp for taking the Helix output, but not stereo...also a great little amp in its own right.