Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

thanks Glenn Delaune for stealing my idea for my organ patch

danny1m

9 minutes ago, danny1m said:

just to say I understand anyone can create patches like this i would but i was the first one on custom tone to upload this idea so would have appreciated a credit i don't the cash i would have liked a nod to my patch though.

I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but those of us that have been around a while already know, Glenn's organ patch has been out there for at least 2 1/2 years.  It was one of the first I ever saw offered in one of his collection of patches he was selling.

• Upvote 2

And that's the reason I won't upload anymore.  I uploaded some HD500 patches in the past, several thousands of downloads later, I only had 1 person thanking me for it while some clever people compile a CD full of other people's hard work and sell them on eBay.

Still receiving messages on YouTube about sharing a Gary Moore preset I did years ago... they can wait a bit longer.

• Upvote 1

I've always thought the idea of selling patches was kinda silly in the first place, but I think Marketplace is kinda neat in that it provides a more "official" venue. Obviously there is a market for this stuff, but it's not like they are offering something you can't get elsewhere or do on your own. The nature of the system is such that it is practically guaranteed that someone else will make a patch that is very similar to yours.

• Upvote 1

Line 6 should remove this thread or at least change the title. Its a false accusation. Glenn has worked hard creating original patches for this community. I think those who have bought them would agree they're top tier.

• Upvote 2

The title of this thread is a little... Well what can I say, but it must be borderline libellous due to the fact it appears to be defamation. I'm no lawyer, but just stating what seems to be dangerous ground.

Anyhow, whenever I put patches on Customtone, it's with the full knowledge that others will modify them to their own needs. That's what it's all about, one size does not fit all. Therefore, do not upload preset patches to be shared if you don't want others to hack them around. Once you post them they are in the public domain. That's why all those patches get sucked up and burned onto CDs and sold on FleaBay - because they can! I have had a couple people credit me for using one or two of my patches that they have later evolved to something more. I don't expect any praise, although it's always welcome. It's like when you help some other Helix user on here to fix a problem, or squash a bug, it's not done for any gain - it's done because we can.

Good luck with the court case!

EDIT: check out Glenn’s Hammond B3 demo on YouTube from Feb 2016 and the OPs video dated Jan 2018

I do believe that Glenn should be due an apology.

I hate to burst what is evidently your very sensitive bubble, but I've got 2 or 3 organ patches that I downloaded way before Glenn made his.  And I bought Glenn's also.  95% of the patches uploaded to Custom Tone are, like music itself, spin-offs.   I'm sorry that you thought that your patch was your claim to fame, but I guess your gonna have to go back and strive for a larger, more important goal.  Maybe your young or something, but as an elder who has been through a few experiences, I can't begin to describe how petty your complaint is.  I really am sorry for being mean but my reply is simply a response to a mean spirited OP.

Is this post for real? 

Out of curiosity I looked at the OP's custom tone page and the upload date was 1/6/18.  Glenn's were put up a couple of years ago. 

Heck I have 2 organ patches for Helix on CustomTone that I posted back in '16.  

Maybe the OP and I could start a class action lawsuit against Glenn :) 

I made cheeseburgers last night and I've been waiting all day for McDonald's to give me a shout out for that concept....

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

I know how you feel, brother.  When I was but a lad on the precipice of adolescence, I came up with the idea that male and female organs might actually fit together somehow.  Now all kinds of people are doing that and not one. single. person. has thanked me for the original concept.

On a less ludicrous note, I've chased after these a-holes selling paid for presets for quite a while now.  They site-rip Custom Tone,  buy producers' monetized tones, and then sell them on eBay.  Every time I see one of them advertise in threads I ask the direct questions (never answered).

With respect to people all butt-hurt because their uploads are used as templates for other tones, that is what they are there for.  It's crowd-sourced content.  Get over yourself or start charging for your stuff.  Frikkin' cry babies. 

• Haha 4

It would be nice, as I can't see the Helix floor screen under the desk, when editing on the laptop... unless shuffling the chair back and forth that is.

I keep calling for MIDI  information to be displayed in the editor.  It is a pain, literally, to go under the desk in order to get MIDI detail.

I use these to create setlist in BandHelper... so I can have Helix change the corresponding preset for the next song performance.

6 minutes ago, GlennDeLaune said:

An Oldie but Goodie!!! from Feb. 2, 2016

Thank you guys so so much for your continued support!! I really do appreciate each and every one of you!!

Glenn 

Didn't you have an organ patch back in the HD500 days? 

Looking forward to catching up with you at namm. 

I too remember the organ patch you did, a good two years or so back. So to the OP, you need to man up and apologize to Glenn, even if He's not asking for one. And FWIW, you really shouda took this private at first anyway.

20 hours ago, PiFromBRC said:

I know how you feel, brother.  When I was but a lad on the precipice of adolescence, I came up with the idea that male and female organs might actually fit together somehow.  Now all kinds of people are doing that and not one. single. person. has thanked me for the original concept.

LOL. Now that was pure gold. Thx for that.