Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

That's it???

tenorkeith

2 hours ago, PeterHamm said:

Also, there is this. They had to unify a code base for yet ANOTHER new product, and are preparing for other things in the relatively near future, if Eric’s hints are to be believed.

So, an update with no new amps or FX shouldn’t be a big deal.

And it's not a big deal.
I'm just happy that they work on the platform. Whatever it is they may be doing at a given moment, it's gonna be better for me and/or for someone that likes/needs it.

Happy and thankful.
I wasn't even expecting anything until winter NAMM, so...

1 hour ago, tenorkeith said:

It's good to see that all opinions are welcome here....not so much.

18 hours ago, PiFromBRC said:

Along with your "thank you for playing" bit, I must imagine you're familiar with flame wars and trolling. 

At various times, just about everyone who has objected to OP's post (including me) has expressed some opinion about what we think L6 SHOULD do to improve the product. There's a difference between an opinion and an attack.

I think that what some people don't recognize is that this is a forum that is mostly populated by Helix OWNERS who are quite happy with the product. We come here to discuss the product. It's kind of a "social media" site for us, and a place where we can ask EACH OTHER about how we use the product, what we like and don't like, and workarounds we've discovered. It's NOT where L6 reps hang out. If you would like to speak directly to L6 reps, there's a HUGE thread over on TGP where you can get quick responses from the designers. The BIG BOSS, Frank Richotte (hope I spelled it right) constantly monitors that thread and responds to customer service issues, and Digital Igloo and others respond to more technical and usability questions. I know of NO OTHER modeling product with that degree of personal involvement by upper management.

It's not so much that we object to negative opinions. But if you come here and INSULT a product we use and the company that supports us, you should EXPECT a reaction. When you then turn around and call us FANBOYS and BROWN NOSERS, now you're making it personal. That says more about YOU than US.

BUY the product. USE it. Have a problem? We'll be happy to help, even if it's obvious that you didn't read the manual, WHICH NEEDS TO BE UPDATED (we've been told that'll happen with v3).

If no one here can help, try TGP. CALL SUPPORT! A HUMAN will answer the phone. But don't come here and get all nasty, and expect a different reaction than you'd get if you behaved like that in the real world!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, tearitupbaby said:

YEA..like i said i am on the fence with getting any NEW gear as my older model gear still works well and sounds great to me. Its a hobby and i dont gig anymore so my needs are quite small so with  all the gear i now use and sounds good to my ears i am content. Of course i still look at whats released and i try to demo it if i can and even bring it home for 2 weeks to test if i can and if its avail. 

As i stated- i like things about each unit from diff companies. I really dont need or want to own them all because its overkill to me and a waste of $$ for my needs. Yea i was shocked at the 1500.00 helix release and went off on that and even now to me the helix stomp is a bit overpriced in my book for what it is and i would sooner just pay a little more and get the LT UNIT.  

The fractal appeals to me but the interface and no usb/headphone out in the ax8 is a deal breaker for me. So i look forward to the next ax8 to see what they do. The gt1000 seems cool and affordable like the helix LT SO i would have to a/b those 2 extensively if i were to have to choose. The HR while nice form factor and touchscreen and 20 minute looper seems to me the most overpriced of them all as their support is poor and the fact they just used 11r models and effects and supposedly tweaked them is to me a lazy mans way into modeling and should have saved them some serious r&d bucks to make this unit alot cheaper in the end(if it was released at 599.99 it would be a no brainer to buy even with no support). I am very low tech/old school with my needs.

So yea i have softened on my over priced rant because it is what it is and aint gonna change. In fact it seems that soon these products will raise in price due to some tarrif tax bs . 

Yes the helix LT is likley top on my radar NOW for its support from the company and if its true the whole gui will be updated thats even cooler. Just not wowed yet or unhappy with my gear enough to jump in. I hope this explains enough.

Gotcha!

Hope you go through with getting an LT. There's a learning curve, for sure, and if you need help or advice, there are many here who'll be happy to step up. And don't forget TGP.

Good Luck!

Spikey, why is it that whenever this topic comes up, your initial response is always "They don't owe you anything!"?

Simple,

1. Because Im not an elitist jerk who thinks that after I buy something all software from then on out should be available right now, with every update in it I might want from now on in every patch, once a week. Psssst, "There was no intent to grant anyone anything just because it may have cost you more than you would have liked to pay for it."

2. Because what I bought at the time I bought it was complete, and that anything extra (updates) I get in the future I appreciate greatly because it's not owed to me or promised, but given freely. And without them, I wouldn't have it. 

3. And lastly, my initial response is dead to rights correct. 

Ya know if the patch actually "broke" all of our units where they would not boot up, I could see the griping. They didn't do that. In fact, they added what a lot of us wanted.

I have been privately messaged by several people on this forum who say they have similar sentiments, but are too afraid to voice them for fear of being attacked. That's sad.

What's sad is you using this misdirection to prove a point that somehow I'm wrong about all this only because it doesn't agree with your reasoning in that "just because somehow the hard earned money you spent on Helix is worth more than mine is,  or anyone else's? So, therefore, they owe you? Really?  lol....

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, spikey said:

"my initial response is dead to rights correct." 

Of course, Spikey. You could never be wrong.

"What's sad is you using this misdirection to prove a point that somehow I'm wrong about all this only because it doesn't agree with your reasoning"'

Who's the one attacking someone else for their reasoning? Hmmm? You're always one of the first to attack when someone says something you disagree with.

"So, therefore, they owe you? Really?"

For the last time, Line 6 set the terms themselves, and I already said I would be happy to pay extra for them. And I would suggest that you go back and re-install the first firmware if you feel that it was a complete product when you bought it. No? Didn't think so.

• Upvote 1

Folks who buy a product for what it maybe can do someday and not for what it does now and then complain that the company is awful and lazy or whatever reminds me of the Star Wars junkies who "demanded" that SW Episode 8 get remade because it wasn't how they would have made the movie.

There are "tweakers" out there who are only happy if a product is made to only their specifications and that updates are made in the manner and speed which they desire... they are not happy very often.

If you can't make a guitar sound with what Helix has to offer right now (indeed, several FW updates ago), I'm sorry, but it ain't the gear's fault.

• Upvote 1

Folks who buy a product for what it maybe can do someday and not for what it does now and then complain that the company is awful and lazy or whatever reminds me of the Star Wars junkies who "demanded" that SW Episode 8 get remade because it wasn't how they would have made the movie.

Spot on Hamm

1 hour ago, tenorkeith said:

In a sane world, there would be nothing "provocative" about this post. But some of you would rather shut down the conversation with ad-hominum attacks. That's what fascists do.

Does the irony of this post escape you?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Kilrahi said:

Does the irony of this post escape you?

Nope. Because I stated my opinion and, right on cue, was basically told to sit down and shut up. I'm not surprised at all, but instead of dealing with the content of the question/statement there are the usual suspects who can't stand the thought of someone disagreeing with them.

• Downvote 1

Dear Line 6,

I would like to offer my sincere and profound apologies for having strayed from the reservation and allowing a negative thought into my head. Your otherwise perfect product should in no way ever be questioned and/or criticized for I know that the punishment for said breech of fanboy etiquette is swift and just. In the future, I promise to keep any such doubts about your supremacy in the world of amp modeling, product marketing, and most importantly research and development strictly to myself.

Sincerely and humbly,

tenorkeith

p.s. kumbaya

• Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, tearitupbaby said:

What i dont like is the fan boi-ism crap thats really childish and gross. This is a real turn off to line 6 for me.

How in the world is Line 6 responsible for how its customers act?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, tearitupbaby said:

What i dont like is the fan boi-ism crap thats really childish and gross. This is a real turn off to line 6 for me.

Fanboyism is an attack meant to critique tribalism of those who like a group and give it the benefit of the doubt where they can. It is meant to condemn them for their lack of objectivity.

However, it is just as illogical to become the extreme negative examiner of a product.  You have not demonstrated any unique abilities to objectivity. For example, further up in this post you made a blanket statement that no one at Line 6 actually cares about the customers of their products. That type of blanket statement is not supportable and not logical.

If you're going to be disgusted when people aren't objective, to be fair you should also spend some time being disgusted with yourself. 

PS: And Phil_m's response that holding Line 6 responsible for fanboyism is also poorly placed. Your bias is making you further hate the wrong party. 

5 minutes ago, tearitupbaby said:

did i say that? geez!>..your response was gross.

Yes, that’s pretty much what you’re saying... You said the behavior of certain customers is “a real turnoff for Line 6” for you. How else should that phrase be taken?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phil_m said:

Yes, that’s pretty much what you’re saying... You said the behavior of certain customers is “a real turnoff for Line 6” for you. How else should that phrase be taken?

lol.."pretty much"?  Never assume anything as you make an lollipop out of u. IT IS A TURNOFF TO LINE 6 FOR ME AND MAKES ME EVEN LESS INCLINED TO BUY A HELIX: TO SEE ALL THESE CHILDISH RESPONSES. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, tearitupbaby said:

lol.."pretty much"?  Never assume anything as you make an lollipop out of u. IT IS A TURNOFF TO LINE 6 FOR ME AND MAKES ME EVEN LESS INCLINED TO BUY A HELIX: TO SEE ALL THESE CHILDISH RESPONSES. 

He's not assuming. That's the literal meaning of the words you used. You should say, "Hey, that's not what I meant, I misspoke" because clearly the words you spit out blamed Line 6 for fanboys. There is no other way to interpret that. 

Edit: Ugh, not only did you double down on it but then you repeated it.  Do you just not understand the words you write? 

I'm a huge fanboy, but also hate the way the extreme fanboys in every one of these products act. 

Fractal people can be just as bad.

Any time the only way for my choice to be good is for yours to be crappy... I hate that... a lot...

4 hours ago, tenorkeith said:

In a sane world, there would be nothing "provocative" about this post. But some of you would rather shut down the conversation with ad-hominum attacks. That's what fascists do.

Yet here you are clearly provoked to argue your position, negate others opinions, make blanket accusations, and ramp up to fascism.  If you think this is fascism, a certain Mr. Somebody could use a history lesson.

You're trolling, dude.  Keep on going and and either be ignored or get replies you're compelled to elevate to flames.  Or, and just hang while I flesh this out, realize that perhaps your approach is a bit flawed if you truly believe you're not trolling.  

• Upvote 1

It's all been said before!

OP's thread from 2016:

Where are the amps?!? - aka, beating a dead horse

And the horse is still dead.

Doubling down on my first post in this thread.

I'm outta here!

Sincerely,

Proud childish, fascist Fanboy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's all true on both side but let's be objective here, Line 6 has spent a lot more time coding and changing things for their future plans  thans fixing the bugs and issues. They have corporate vision for more market shares and all. We can't argue legitimicy in that. BUT, regardless of the outstanding UI and all it still feels a bit like they are beta testing on us BECAUSE of the simple usability issues not being addressed or flatly ignore. I don't care about new amps and gazillion other stuff just make it better, stable, robust, etx. My Helix still freezes to often to my taste...

18 minutes ago, PiFromBRC said:

Yet here you are clearly provoked to argue your position, negate others opinions, make blanket accusations, and ramp up to fascism.  If you think this is fascism, a certain Mr. Somebody could use a history lesson.

Pi,

"Suppression of opposition" is one of the hallmarks of fascism, and part of the actual definition. I stated my opinion in an effort to start a conversation. I expected to have most of you disagree with me, as you have in the past (yes, rd2rk, I have said this in the past), but I am still somewhat surprised that some of you will never challenge the way Line 6 does anything. I have owned Apple products for years, and I think they have absolutely dropped the ball many times.

In this case, I personally think Line 6 hasn't done enough in this particular realm. Do I think Helix is an awesome product? Yes. Otherwise, I'd own a Fractal or a Kemper. I don't want to do that. I would like THIS product to be the best it can. But if nobody ever says: "Hey guys, why aren't you doing X, Y or Z..." then why have a forum in the first place? And simply calling someone a "Jerk" or "troll" simply allows you to dismiss out of hand what they are trying to say.

And simply calling someone a "Jerk" or "troll" simply allows you to dismiss out of hand what they are trying to say.

What you are trying to say is that Line 6 didn't do their job.

Most of us disagree with you.

2 minutes ago, spikey said:

What you are trying to say is that Line 6 didn't do their job.

If that were true, I would own something else. What I'm saying is that I would personally like to see them do more in a particular area. I know I'm not alone in this.

1 minute ago, tenorkeith said:

If that were true, I would own something else. What I'm saying is that I would personally like to see them do more in a particular area. I know I'm not alone in this.

But that's not the topic header is it?

5 minutes ago, spikey said:

The topic header to me (and most everyone else I'm thinking)

So now you're speaking for "most everyone", Spikey?

Read my last post. If you can't understand those words, then I'm sorry I can't help you.

Yea, I'm pretty much sure most thought you were saying "Line 6 suxs cause they didn't give you what you expected. And I'm not interested in anything you might have for "help" bud. All I'm saying is that you made a flat statement, and you were called on it...  Line 6 did their job. You now are trying to weasel yer way out from under the crap pile you've dug yourself into.  You can keep digging in that pile, or admit that you might have not said what you really meant until later, which was you were a bit disappointed in the content of the patch.

In case you have forgotten....

Really, Line 6???

It's been how long since your last update and you couldn't find the time for at least ONE new amp or effect?

Oh, but the tuner's nice. Sheesh!

Spikey, you really cannot stand for someone to have an opinion you disagree with, can you?

I think Line 6 should have done something, and you’re perfectly happy that they didn’t. Let’s leave it at that. I don’t care how you characterize what I said or how it makes you feel. It obviously got under your skin and I really could care less about that.  I absolutely stand by what I said. I love my helix, but I think Line 6 should also be adding more content.  You don’t like that? Too bad! 

Just now, tenorkeith said:

If you would bother to read, I already addressed that. And I f you can’t handle someone else having an opinion, then y’all can just go hang out in your safe space. 

I do realize that you addressed it, but the fact that you jumped to that conclusion in the first place, and the fact that you continue to carry on this argument, says a whole lot about you that I'm not sure you meant to say, to be honest.

You seem to have decided that since you paid for the unit, you somehow own the company. And your complaints make me wonder if you didn't buy it for something you hoped it would do some day. That is always a bad idea, imho.

OMG.  Dude...You're replying to every single post now.  Grab your Saturday, bro.  Complain where it will do you some good, because I assure you that most of us are pretty much okay with the update.  You''re not.  Cool.  Peace out, yo.  Head on over to TGP with this, 'cause at this point you appear to be seeking attention.