Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

That's it???

tenorkeith

20 minutes ago, tenorkeith said:

Exaggerate much?

And I'm the one that has a problem with opinions? lol...

And yes you did exactly what Hamm stated, you jumped to conclusions,  many times. Starting with Line 6 not performing as you would have liked with the patch instead of thanking them for the efforts made, and then thinking that I'm caring enough about not standing for anything you might have said or done. Don't let me confuse you, this isn't about you at all bud. It's about not blaming the Company that just fixed stuff under the hood and added to Helix, for "nothing".

I know, I said I was "outta here". But this thread is like a trainwreck, I just can't look away!

15 minutes ago, tenorkeith said:

If you would bother to read, I already addressed that. And I f you can’t handle someone else having an opinion, then y’all can just go hang out in your safe space. 

You've made it abundantly clear that you don't care about anybody's needs but your own, that everyone else's opinions are BS, that we're all a bunch of fascists and fanboys, and that you couldn't care less about our feelings.

Is it really any wonder that most of our reactions are negative?

I get it. You're not a very nice person.

PLEASE GO AWAY!

Sincerely,

Fascist snowflake fanboy

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tenorkeith said:

Oh, I’m mortally wounded! I guess the lesson here is to never step on your dainty little toes. Goodnight, Nancy!

nan·cy
/ˈnansē/
INFORMALOFFENSIVE
noun
noun: nancy boy
  1. an effeminate or homosexual man.

-----------------------------------------------------------

And sexist too!

15 hours ago, tenorkeith said:

I stated my opinion in an effort to start a conversation.

You did not. You may have tried to start one with an aggressive initial attitude, from then on you continue to flame against individual users, you respond selectively to those posts that offer the easiest way for you to heat his thread up even more, you throw in terms like "fascism" and "millenial snowflake" to send this entire conversation even further away from your proclaimed topic. You may have started a conversation, but not with an opinion.

4 minutes ago, dragonfet said:

you respond selectively to those posts that offer the easiest way for you to heat his thread up even more

Dragonfet,

I honestly wasn't trying to heat things up further, just defending myself when I felt attacked. Yes, I started this thing with both barrels, and I should have checked that. But it was not intended to end up this way.

Guys,

There is a concept called "agreeing to disagree". It means that it's ok for someone else to have a different opinion. It has to be.

I came out strongly in my criticism of the update. It was directed at Line 6, yet some of you have taken it to be a personal affront, which was not my intent.

I know that Line 6 does not "owe" me anything, save for a working product. But that doesn't mean I can't have my own wish list. We all have our own “wants” for what we’d like to see in an update. Some of you wanted a new tuner, and some wanted new features and certain bugs fixed. That’s absolutely valid. I don’t call you “selfish” or “entitled” for that. Those wishes are valid, as is the wish for more effects, etc.

So I'm just going to say that if you were offended by what I said, just know that it wasn't pointed at you personally. Yes, I have concerns about some things Line 6 is doing, and I could have started this thing with a different tone. For that, I apologize.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tenorkeith said:

Dragonfet,

I honestly wasn't trying to heat things up further, just defending myself when I felt attacked. Yes, I started this thing with both barrels, and I should have checked that. But it was not intended to end up this way.

Maybe not intended, but certainly executed to end up this way... just saying...

1 hour ago, tenorkeith said:

Any other millennial shaming you'd like to do? Did I inadvertently kill a polar bear, too?

"Millennial shaming"  is wording trying to at very least discredit the younger people of this time because they seem to understand a problem better than you, or most of your generation.

13 minutes ago, tenorkeith said:

...is wording trying to demonize (or at the very least discredit) the older people of this time.... See how this works?

It was a JOKE!

Not quite, but nice try.  It is always people of older generations demonizing younger generations largely because they understand the problems of the the time a bit better. (and this will happen with each new generation theoretically) Those older are more set in their ways and largely don't want to adhere to knew understandings, and thus discredit the younger generation. This cycle has been extremely overt as the older generations are literally trying to turn the term Millennial into a negative word. AND anytime a young person says something along the lines of you need to learn how to use some technology, they are told "respect your elders." So again nice try, but no!

Ahh, the joke shield. I love a good joke, and that one was not. LOL

But anyway this thread is a time waste for me, and I am not gonna carry this on anymore.

2 minutes ago, Lachdanan0121 said:

largely don't want to adhere to knew understandings

Nice try. But perhaps having lived in the real world longer gives you a better perspective on things. And yes, the polar bear was meant as a joke.

It must be exhausting to be professionally aggrieved.

5 minutes ago, tenorkeith said:

Nice try. But perhaps having lived in the real world longer gives you a better perspective on things. And yes, the polar bear was meant as a joke.

It must be exhausting to be professionally aggrieved.

Yep that is the same BS rhetoric that older generations use.  Even in the face of facts, numbers, statistics, history, logic, and science.  

I was not at all referring to your Polar Bear comment, just your Millennial shaming one.  

Anyway, moving on. Lets just end this.

5 minutes ago, tenorkeith said:

...But perhaps having lived in the real world longer gives you a better perspective on things...

imho, you are not wrong on that... (speaking as one of the youngest baby boomers...)

That said...

Here's the right answer to all the questions.

A: delete the thread, and everybody just forget about it, and then we'll all move on to more important things and forget about it all...

We don't actually delete threads. But threads can be locked or hidden, meaning no one is able to add any new posts. We still consider that to be a rather drastic measure and rarely do it. However this thread comes close to qualifying. I suggest we all just behave as if this thread is now locked and simply stop posting here.

Please - no 'final thoughts' or 'last words'. Let's say we're all done here.

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure this won't allay your facist paranoia but here's what I do know. The Line 6 engineers are working on things. When they are done working on them they give them to us. They aren't having a smoke laughing at the fools that purchased their product because it's so much fun to hold things back and watch people squirm. They work on it. They finish their work. Then they present it. Should they whip them more so they work faster? Perhaps yell louder at them. I know, how about a nasty post in one of their forums. That'll make them think and program and test faster. I mean what is it do you think they're not doing to get the stuff out? Better yet, what brilliant way do you have of working and programming that will get them to work faster? The whole programming world would want to know that. Is it that they don't work on what you want them to? Hey, shoot Yamaha an email. I'm sure they'll be open to any input you have to get your needs promptly met. You said you were a music teacher? Boy, please let me know where so I can NOT send anyone I know that want's to learn music to you. If you are a music teacher, and I doubt it,  you must still have to live with your parents.

Since the first ageist insult was aimed at me (the millennial comment), I'd like to point out that I DROVE to the FIRST Woodstock. That "My Generation" spent a great deal of time demonizing the OLDER generation (don't trust anyone over 30), and that our ideals were eventually betrayed by the very people we marched with. "Their beards have all grown longer now."

No generation has a monopoly on ignorance.

When I identified myself as a snowflake, THAT was a joke. I'm sure that no actual snowflakes were offended. When OP identified other posters as fascists, brown nosers and nancys, those were insults. Vague regrets are meaningless. Sincere apologies are always considered. My first post in this thread was intended as good natured chiding. If OP was offended, I sincerely apologize. Perhaps we're both guilty as to where this thread has gone.

NOTE TO MOD: This forum REALLY NEEDS EMOTICONS! :-)

I guess on the upside, the OP managed to up his post count by a full third within this thread.

Is there a "I don't agree with a thing or two, but like the sound of my own voice"" rank?  Should I Ideascale that rank?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, PiFromBRC said:

I guess on the upside, the OP managed to up his post count by a full third within this thread.

Is there a "I don't agree with a thing or two, but like the sound of my own voice"" rank?  Should I Ideascale that rank?

I disagree with Silverhead's suggestion that everybody just STFU. BUT I'm trying to make peace with OP. How about we all just exit attack mode and Give Peace a Chance?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

I disagree with Silverhead's suggestion that everybody just STFU. BUT I'm trying to make peace with OP. How about we all just exit attack mode and Give Peace a Chance?

But where's the closure? Plow on until somebody "wins"... or the cops show up, whichever comes first, lmao. Either way, Best. Thread. Ever...;)

12 minutes ago, cruisinon2 said:

But where's the closure? Plow on until somebody "wins"... or the cops show up, whichever comes first, lmao. Either way, Best. Thread. Ever...;)

BAD cruisinon2! No soup for you!

I have been excitedly waiting for the Helix update, and I find that Line 6 developers created some tuners to satisfy some obsessives who apparently can't buy a $15 snark, learn how to tune by ear or live with tunings probably off by a couple cents.  I think that the Line 6 downloads notes jokes really should be implemented for the folks who wanted this..

And it was on Friday, October 19, 2018 that we as a community found the last possible way to complain about yet another update that was free of charge.  In the IT that I work in you would typically have to pay for software maintenance to receive complimentary updates after a purchase.  Please stop bitching and complaining.  At the end of the day Line 6 is pushing this technology forward.  Be grateful for what Line 6 has developed.  It's not unfair for them to come up with additional revenue streams so that can continue developing the product.  If you don't like it, you can always choose another product and complain to them.

1 minute ago, VirtualGuitars said:

And it was on Friday, October 19, 2018 that we as a community found the last possible way to complain about yet another update that was free of charge.  In the IT that I work in you would typically have to pay for software maintenance to receive complimentary updates after a purchase.  Please stop bitching and complaining.  At the end of the day Line 6 is pushing this technology forward.  If you don't like it, you can always choose another product and complain to them.

If you read through this whole thread, you know that it's gotten really ugly. While everything you said is true in my book, it's all been said here many times. As one of the primary movers in this thread, I'm trying to make peace with OP, and encouraging everyone to get out of attack mode and Give Peace a Chance.

As an infamously villainous victim once said "Can't we all just get along?"

17 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

If you read through this whole thread, you know that it's gotten really ugly. While everything you said is true in my book, it's all been said here many times. As one of the primary movers in this thread, I'm trying to make peace with OP, and encouraging everyone to get out of attack mode and Give Peace a Chance.

As an infamously villainous victim once said "Can't we all just get along?"

Touche.  I couldn't hold back any longer.  :)

I think OP has miss the point of this update.

I believe this update was to sync the NEW HARDWARE HX Stomp with the rest of the Helix family aka a new Edit software and of course the fix of the tuner and some bugs.

There has been some point upgrades before that was only fix bugs and no new stuff.

Just be PATIENT there will be more new amps and effects and probably other cool stuff aswell

I say a very flexible routing system is a very under-rated way of crating tones that probably few guitarist know anything about.
So if we get a more complex routing system i would be very happy more so than a new amp or effect.

The OP just want's more amps ever since he bought his Helix

https://line6.com/support/topic/21324-where-are-the-amps-aka-beating-a-dead-horse/?tab=comments#comment-161382

In this thread he starded over two years ago he say i would have leaved for Fractal 

Why did you keep your Helix?
As apperently you need MORE amps two years have gone and we got tons of new stuff since then

So buy a Fractal get those 200+ amps you want so much and be HAPPY instead of ranting here for a few more years to come
Or buy a Kemper and download or buy 10 000,s of amp profiles and be happy.

Hello all,

I have tried to honor Silverhead's wishes, and refrain from posting further, but it seems that this won't die.

My initial post was provocative, but not meant as a personal attack to anyone here, but as a general comment directed toward Line 6 itself. And when I was personally attacked, I retaliated, when I should have just let it go.

So I would like to say that, during this thread, I have used terms which normally connote someone being overly sensitive, not as an attack on one's masculinity or age.  At least, that's how I have always understood them. But it appears that for some, it means more than that.

So for anyone who was offended at my words, or took them as a personal attack, I sincerely apologize. 

Keith

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeterHamm said:

Can we talk about how the Andy Summers tone is impossible now?

It's Line 6's fault for not including the Andy Summers effect this update, just a stupid tuner and some money hungry "Marketplace" greed hole. DOWN WITH THE MAN...dude.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, christroiani1 said:

I have been excitedly waiting for the Helix update, and I find that Line 6 developers created some tuners to satisfy some obsessives who apparently can't buy a $15 snark, learn how to tune by ear or live with tunings probably off by a couple cents.  I think that the Line 6 downloads notes jokes really should be implemented for the folks who wanted this..

Why is it that people can't post an opinion without insulting others?

It appears that even if mod locks this thread, it's just going to pop up again.

PLEASE people, try to post your opinions without attacking others in the community!

Maybe, as a community, we should start a campaign of always responding to these kind of posts with a "Be Nice!" message.

Of course, then we'll be attacked for being overly sensitive.

Thread redirection:

Anybody have any POSITIVE suggestions for how this community can deal with the problem of rampant rudeness?

Or are we doomed to be no more than a reflection of the problems we're seeing in society as a whole?

Someone remind me why I quit doing drugs?

44 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

Anybody have any POSITIVE suggestions for how this community can deal with the problem of rampant rudeness?

Or are we doomed to be no more than a reflection of the problems we're seeing in society as a whole? 

DING! DING! DING!.. you got it! ;)

We can all thank social media, in all its malignant iterations, for elevating every opinion, minor gripe, or perceived slight to a Federal case...complete with a "victim" to be martyred and perpetrator(s) to be blamed, shamed, and punished. Twitter Mob justice rocks! 

We now return you to your wholly manufactured and utterly phony outrage...(insert "harrumph!" and/or indignant sniff here) ;)

On 10/19/2018 at 1:33 PM, tenorkeith said:

Really, Line 6???

It's been how long since your last update and you couldn't find the time for at least ONE new amp or effect?

Oh, but the tuner's nice. Sheesh!

p.s. Everyone else, please spare me the BS about we should be happy with whatever we get. Frankly, I'd pay extra for new amps if that will motivate you guys. You're so involved with all the new product cross-compatibility issues that you've forgotten why we came here in the first place. I still love my Helix, but waiting for the crumbs to fall is getting old.

I'm not buying model packs for my $1500 processor. Is there something specific you're waiting for or you just really need new toys in your old toy?

Surprised someone who uses terms like "millennial insults" and "snowflake" has the capacity to even complete firmware updates anyways.