Jump to content
tenorkeith

That's it???

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, gunpointmetal said:

I'm not buying model packs for my $1500 processor. Is there something specific you're waiting for or you just really need new toys in your old toy?

Surprised someone who uses terms like "millennial insults" and "snowflake" has the capacity to even complete firmware updates anyways. 

 

If you read this whole thread, you know that all of this has been discussed ad nauseum. This thread got really ugly. The prime movers have apologized.

 

I hope that, rather than continuing to beat this dead horse, you'll take part in this "thread redirection":

 

1 hour ago, rd2rk said:

Thread redirection:

 

Anybody have any POSITIVE suggestions for how this community can deal with the problem of rampant rudeness?

Or are we doomed to be no more than a reflection of the problems we're seeing in society as a whole?

 

Someone remind me why I quit doing drugs?

 

THANKS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up the ante! Stoke the embers! lmao....;) This is comedy gold, gents. Somebody print out a transcript and send it to Mel Brooks... I'm thinking "Modeler Anxiety" or "Firmware Saddles".

 

Ten bucks and a week's worth of psych meds for the best title...;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, rd2rk said:

 

 

I hope that, rather than continuing to beat this dead horse, you'll take part in this "thread redirection":

 

But I really, really like beating this particular horse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I somewhat consider myself a Helix Fanboy.  When I was looking for solutions with a Helix issue, I did not get good information from this forum.  The folks on this forum are defensive and they can be because they spend a lot of time here.  It's their community.  If you want real solutions for the Helix with accurate and intelligent commentary, you can go to TGP.  I rarely suggest telling someone to go to TGP because there are way more opinions there than here, but they have at least one Line 6 employee who represents the company well and was a huge help for me. 

 

As far as the original post goes, the OP came looking for a fight and was obliged.  While I was a bit surprised at the update and it's content, I can't really say that I was disappointed (I haven't even installed it yet.).  With all that the Helix will currently do, I don't really see myself jonesing for more and different things when I haven't really scratched the surface with the unit's current capabilities.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bigolsparky said:

I somewhat consider myself a Helix Fanboy.  When I was looking for solutions with a Helix issue, I did not get good information from this forum.  The folks on this forum are defensive and they can be because they spend a lot of time here.  It's their community.  If you want real solutions for the Helix with accurate and intelligent commentary, you can go to TGP.  I rarely suggest telling someone to go to TGP because there are way more opinions there than here, but they have at least one Line 6 employee who represents the company well and was a huge help for me.

Still don't get why DI and Frank seem way more present over at TGP than on their own forums, but whatever, I guess.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gunpointmetal said:

Still don't get why DI and Frank seem way more present over at TGP than on their own forums, but whatever, I guess.

When I posted my issue there, I got a response from Frank within minutes, and it was on a Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...