Jump to content
amsdenj

HX Stomp: Are 6 blocks enough? Not really

Recommended Posts

Another issue for me I have noticed since my purchase of the HX Stomp is that there seems to be no way run a signal from the stomp input through the 
stomps 6 blocks into a DAW signal chain with exclusive software monitoring.
In other words the blocks in the stomp are not able to be heard with exclusive software monitoring. 
So in other words if i want to run my 6 blocks form the stomp into 6 blocks on helix native without direct monitoring 
activated I will not be able to hear/monitor the 6 blocks from the stomp at all.
There is no point in the phase issues that occour when direct monitoring from the stomp and software monitoring from your daw/plugin host are active at the same time.
That needs to be addressed before stomp is little more than a d/i box thats slim in inputs and outputs (i/o) to me with an additional blocks feature for pedalboards only.
If you are planning on using the HX stomp for any serious DAW work than get ready because you are going to probabbly want the helix native to go with it, more money ($$$$$) even with the discount.
You are going to want native because you wont be able to hear the stomps blocks.
There was never any clear cut information that the looper block does not delete its audio data without a burst of unwanted audio that I have found before my purchase.
When I bought the stomp I did not know that these things would be an issue and when I started seeing these issues my musicians friend return window was closed.
6 blocks is not enough, I thought it might be but it is not enough for me, for the price, for the issues, no way!
After a year or so of using stomp and seeing how slow the firmware fixes get rolled out vs block updates it is not fun at all at best.
Not as much fun as it should be, not as much fun as it could be for sure.
Yah, when it works and how it works and how it sounds can be neat sometimes even great but the issues I have found with it make it unreccomendable for me in its current state. 

If any of you know how to solve these issues I would appreciate it if you would share the solutions with me. 
I am pretty much stuck with this thing unless I sell it and I don't want to sell it, I want it to work for me to its full potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, delok25 said:

Another issue for me I have noticed since my purchase of the HX Stomp is that there seems to be no way run a signal from the stomp input through the 
stomps 6 blocks into a DAW signal chain with exclusive software monitoring.
In other words the blocks in the stomp are not able to be heard with exclusive software monitoring. 
So in other words if i want to run my 6 blocks form the stomp into 6 blocks on helix native without direct monitoring 
activated I will not be able to hear/monitor the 6 blocks from the stomp at all.
There is no point in the phase issues that occour when direct monitoring from the stomp and software monitoring from your daw/plugin host are active at the same time.
That needs to be addressed before stomp is little more than a d/i box thats slim in inputs and outputs (i/o) to me with an additional blocks feature for pedalboards only.
If you are planning on using the HX stomp for any serious DAW work than get ready because you are going to probabbly want the helix native to go with it, more money ($$$$$) even with the discount.
You are going to want native because you wont be able to hear the stomps blocks.
There was never any clear cut information that the looper block does not delete its audio data without a burst of unwanted audio that I have found before my purchase.
When I bought the stomp I did not know that these things would be an issue and when I started seeing these issues my musicians friend return window was closed.
6 blocks is not enough, I thought it might be but it is not enough for me, for the price, for the issues, no way!
After a year or so of using stomp and seeing how slow the firmware fixes get rolled out vs block updates it is not fun at all at best.
Not as much fun as it should be, not as much fun as it could be for sure.
Yah, when it works and how it works and how it sounds can be neat sometimes even great but the issues I have found with it make it unreccomendable for me in its current state. 

If any of you know how to solve these issues I would appreciate it if you would share the solutions with me. 
I am pretty much stuck with this thing unless I sell it and I don't want to sell it, I want it to work for me to its full potential.

That first thing is indeed a limitation, easily solved for people who have another interface, but not so much with those for whom Stomp is their only interface.

If you are doing very serious looping, of COURSE you want a very serious looper. 

If you want to do very serious recording... yeah... the same...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

" (1) That first thing is indeed a limitation, easily solved for people who have another interface, but not so much with those for whom Stomp is their only interface.

(2) If you are doing very serious looping, of COURSE you want a very serious looper. 

(3)  If you want to do very serious recording... yeah... the same... "

--------------------------------------------------------------

(1) Hear that? That is the sound of 5000 wallets not opening.

(2) To the tune of 599.99$ retail United States dollars.

(3) That is a retail total of Two Million Nine hundred Ninety Nine Thousand Nine Hundred Fifty United States dollars Zero cents 2,999,950.00$.

Edited by delok25
Grammar, explanation
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this just goes back to buying the right tool for the right job. I shouldn’t buy a hammer with the expectation that it perform as a sledgehammer....best to buy the sledgehammer instead. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Kevin-M said:

I think this just goes back to buying the right tool for the right job. I shouldn’t buy a hammer with the expectation that it perform as a sledgehammer....best to buy the sledgehammer instead. 

This is so true.

On the other hand, usually the company that made the hammer doesn't actively seek out your feedback and offer firmware upgrades to make your hammer into something entirely new, either... which is why I'd rather be a musician than a carpenter.

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The point of a multi-tool, like a swiss army knife is to have all the tools you need in one multi-tool.
Say you buy a hammer but the hammers head falls off every time you use it, that's usually called a re-call where the said item would be replaced or repaired or refunded or a combination of those things or the buyer/consumer may as well consider themselves ripped off and stolen from.
The looper block does not work, and 6 blocks is weak at best in my opinion.
Somebody asked about the FM3, yah just go check out fractals page and you will have the info you need, fractalaudio.com/fm3/.
There are many companies and options to choose from.

Oh yah, by the way it is not about having to little pedals or gear, it is about getting things that work out of the box 
as opposed to having things not work out of the box.
I will leave this picture of my favorite HX Stomp direct to Helix Native Setting on one of my little pedalboards with a working looper for you all to enjoy.
The HX Stomp is set to my favorite and only available setting for software monitoring with latency only and no direct-monitoring/software monitoring phasing issues, no blocks boy oh' boy!
Dont mind the cat hair and lint and popcorn, I know, I need to vaccum.

 

1.jpg

2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, delok25 said:

Dont mind the cat hair and lint and popcorn, I know, I need to vaccum.

 

But all I see is spaghetti...... 

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

textual response to the slogan of this thread (for those who plan to buy it, or for those who already have it and are angry because 6 blocks are not enough)

 

well ... I have tried to understand the problem referred to in the 6 blocks ... considered to be a minimalist device designed to meet minimalist needs ... fits in any
backpack, very comfortable ... well ... you can't have it all. My hx stomp (outdated old photo) is mounted on a nux stb4 pedalboard of approximately 40 cm and it is as if it had 8 blocks (sacrificing portability and a little convenience related to size) In my case, I open a shipment (type loop fx) at the beginning of the chain, the configuration would be more or less like this:

 

1 loop fx (send / return (block) if you enter by guitar in will not spend any slot, but it is a matter of taste) here I chain the following 3 pedals: *
2 cry baby mini (physical)
3 tube screamer mini (physical)
4 mooer yellow compressor (physical)
5 amp or preamp (block) *
6 go (block) *
7 reverberation (block) *
8 delay (block) 9 delay *
9 block (maybe an equalizer or a modulation, usually vacant) *

* hx slots

 

As you can see, I had to incur a series of additional expenses to meet a need, (screamer and wha in all my presets) I bought 3 physical pedals (3 inserted in a single block and I will stay 5 available), I actually have 8 blocks, as you can see, it is not that complicated, you have to spend a little more, if you only "need" more blocks it is a fetish and fetishes are usually expensive. 

 

 If you consider the rumor that by 2020 through the FW 3.0 update, the HX Stomp would be left with 8 blocks, so in my case I will have 10 blocks, going back to the hx stomp if I needed more 6 blocks would have gone for a Helix or fractal, in my particular case more than 8 slots would be a circus fetish, I don't defend companies ... they don't give me anything for free, nor did they lower my price unit for having registered one unit for each generation since xt pod, I don't work in a store selling pedals  neither guitars, so fanboy or brand lawyer can not accuse me ... just try to see what I am simply not going to buy a suzuki maruti to use as Ferrari, you should analyze well your needs before buying something, if you want to be the "SLASH" of your neighborhood you need a marshall, a lespaul and a top hat (simple needs) ... even if you are open minded with  the small stomp and an epiphone lp will reach you well and make you happy ... but if you are a guitarist with complex needs with a chain of 8 processes or more, this is not your device.


If update 3.0 brings the 8 blocks, (or not) I will be happy anyway, it doesn't kill me to fix them with 6 blocks, because I asked myself the question before buying. Every purchase must be aware and studied, now ... if you need the "THE EDGE" pedalboard, this device is not for you, then go to your favorite kiosk and order your LT with double cheese, headrush or even mooer ge 300 ... FW 3.0 could give you 8 slots but you are forgetting the DSP limit and temperatures by increasing the load of that cpu ...   What if you made a mistake when buying the hx stomp? ... Oh, what a pity! ... the limitations of stomp were never tabu, in that case there is no more guilty than yourself ... you just had to investigate and think well before buying ...

...Thus

Do your homework and investigate before buying anything.

and as an audio engineer my friend says "the more effects you use the more damaged you can get into the mix"
I hope it serves to guide new buyers rather than offend the good readers of this forum, good luck!

 

IMG-20200220-WA0068.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"But all I see is spaghetti...... "

That is funny but you only got part of the joke.
The other part of the joke is the real upgrade to the HX Stomp is the Boss GT-1!
1/3 of the price, more blocks, direct monitoring, software monitoring with audible hardware blocks and no phasing from direct monitoring bleed and a looper that works plus battery power.
Yamaha looks like a bad fit for line-6 to me at this point.

FIX IT, FIX IT, FIX IT, FIX IT, FIX IT, FIX IT, FIX IT, FIX IT, FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

@4:19 gt1 software monitoring of hardware blocks with no direct monitoring phasing, lol, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWE067GTgQM

  • Downvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, delok25 said:

"But all I see is spaghetti...... "

That is funny but you only got part of the joke.
The other part of the joke is the real upgrade to the HX Stomp is the Boss GT-1!
1/3 of the price, more blocks, direct monitoring, software monitoring with audible hardware blocks and no phasing from direct monitoring bleed and a looper that works plus battery power.
Yamaha looks like a bad fit for line-6 to me at this point.

FIX IT, FIX IT, FIX IT, FIX IT, FIX IT, FIX IT, FIX IT, FIX IT, FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

@4:19 gt1 software monitoring of hardware blocks with no direct monitoring phasing, lol, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWE067GTgQM

If you actually LIKE Boss's modeling, you should get one.

Many of us simply do not like COSM modeling at all, that's one of the reasons that we go with Line 6.

Again, if you don't like HX products, why are you even still here?

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I know what to do. 
Lets paint it white, instead of adding more blocks.
And lets charge 50$ more for it so instead of 599.99 it will be 649.99usd instead of fixing the looper.
--- Why am I here? I bought this box that I think needs fixing/updating called the HX Stomp. 
Why am I still here? Well, I am really starting to wonder that myself. 

----- Implying that I do not have boss modeling is kind of like acting like you know me, I have different tool's for different jobs.

It seem's like many would rather have me disappear then have me in the conversation, get over it, this conversation has been going for months if not a whole year already.

 

In the simplest pseudo code speak - 

 

-------- 01 "FIX IT!"

-------- 02 go to line 1 // a looper that cannot delete audio correctly is not a looper but rather a broken looper :

 

p.s. I hope you all and all of your families are doing well and that you are taking care of each other! This pandemic is pretty crazy!  

Edited by delok25
Punctuation "quotation mark"
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, delok25 said:

I know what to do. 
Lets paint it white, instead of adding more blocks.
And lets charge 50$ more for it so instead of 599.99 it will be 649.99usd instead of fixing the looper.
--- Why am I here? I bought this box that I think needs fixing/updating called the HX Stomp. 
Why am I still here? Well, I am really starting to wonder that myself. 

----- Implying that I do not have boss modeling is kind of like acting like you know me, I have different tool's for different jobs.

It seem's like many would rather have me disappear then have me in the conversation, get over it, this conversation has been going for months if not a whole year already.

 

In the simplest pseudo code speak - 

 

-------- 01 "FIX IT!"

-------- 02 go to line 1 // a looper that cannot delete audio correctly is not a looper but rather a broken looper :

 

p.s. I hope you all and all of your families are doing well and that you are taking care of each other! This pandemic is pretty crazy!  

I think you are assuming the same people "paint it white" as do the code.

It's not the way it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get what you are saying though..... you are saying fractal is at the bottom of the pile with boss in a close second to last place while neuraldsp and kemper
duke it out for top 3 with line 6 at the top of the heap right?
What next? Mac is better than PC, right? Of course Linux is not even in the discussion right? 

Never mind the company not being willing to explain to their own developers that they need to fix this thing. 

I am tired of feeling like a beta tester for a product that should have been already tested.

 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, delok25 said:

What next? Mac is better than PC, right? Of course Linux is not even in the discussion right? 

 

You do realize, MacOS and any distro of Linux are based off UNIX, right?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, delok25 said:

I get what you are saying though..... you are saying fractal is at the bottom of the pile with boss in a close second to last place while neuraldsp and kemper
duke it out for top 3 with line 6 at the top of the heap right?
What next? Mac is better than PC, right? Of course Linux is not even in the discussion right? 

Never mind the company not being willing to explain to their own developers that they need to fix this thing. 

I am tired of feeling like a beta tester for a product that should have been already tested.

 

#1. U make zero sense.

#2. OH MY GOODNESS Just sell your Line 6 product and buy what you really want.

#3. Any time you are in a room and everybody except you thinks you are acting like an A-hole... consider that they might not be wrong.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Except here in Washington state (and I think Ohio too!) we are no longer allowed to be in a room together. But some people are still able to act like virtual A-holes. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, soundog said:

Except here in Washington state (and I think Ohio too!) we are no longer allowed to be in a room together. But some people are still able to act like virtual A-holes. 

Yup. a metaphorical room... hope all of you all in Washington are digging in and staying safe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, delok25 said:

I get what you are saying though..... you are saying fractal is at the bottom of the pile with boss in a close second to last place while neuraldsp and kemper
duke it out for top 3 with line 6 at the top of the heap right?
What next? Mac is better than PC, right? Of course Linux is not even in the discussion right? 

Never mind the company not being willing to explain to their own developers that they need to fix this thing. 

I am tired of feeling like a beta tester for a product that should have been already tested.

 

All modellers are a work in progress and can be frustrating if you want to look at it in a negative way. Fractal just released a new unit where they forgot to put the headphone jack in and are selling it. Kemper Stage was released with problems.

 

I owned a Kemper for 5 years and it has things I would prefer that were different, but you can't please everyone. Now I own Helix too and from what I see, the Helix routing and options are way better, but pitch shift on the Kemper is light years ahead of Helix. They will all be abandoned incomplete for some customers.

 

Just enjoy the best of what you have and do some guitar playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://youtu.be/vFfM1n5B9_U

 

6 blocks seem to work for this guy...Btw, i took his advice and played 5 gigs before getting pandemic sidelined. works great! no issues with # of blocks at all. ymmv.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

¿Y ... qué respuestas de la actualización 3.0?... sera el FW mas esperado por los dueños de hxstomp?

¡debo reconocer que tengo cierto bombo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just some insights about the 6 blocks limitation (I don't think this is a limitation, but ok):

 

- If you have a volume block, delete it! There are other ways to control volume with some tricks like controlling the master volume of an effect or amp block. Also, you can add a "fake" split and control de volume of the mixer

- You can use the return as an input for your instrument, put a send-return block in HXS signal chain, send it through USB to a computer with Helix Native, have all effects there like the big sister and return via usb to the HXS chain. I did it and work very well, no latency for me with my bass

- Instead of use separate amp and speakers blocks, use a combo block.

 

Regards

 

Luis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn I checked out of this thread months ago (too soon apparently). People still get mad about owning what are basically computers that don't do what they want (and didn't when they bought it) instead of just buying a computer that does what they want? That's wild.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not even that gunpointmetal, they said they were going to add more block spaces as well as the store at a youtube event and they did not add more block spaces. They added the store but no new block spaces. Talking about hammers and computers is very off topic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, delok25 said:

Talking about hammers and computers is very off topic.


And so are you - if you don’t like what you bought - sell it and buy something you do like. 
 

Pi$$ing and moaning here will not change a thing, other than annoy people who would otherwise be very happy - unlike you.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For everyone in the are "6 blocks" enough discussion.

The  HX Stomp has  a very appealing price point and form factor.
This has been replicated by  the competition as well and the competition is not standing still.

Latest (and this might be the biggest competitor) is the Boss GT-1000Core.

 

Just one of the features

Unlimited sound creation with 24 simultaneous effects blocks—including two different amps—and numerous series/parallel routing options  !!!!!

 

Interesting to see the Line 6 response. Maybe a HX Stomp v2   :-)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sandeman said:

For everyone in the are "6 blocks" enough discussion.

The  HX Stomp has  a very appealing price point and form factor.
This has been replicated by  the competition as well and the competition is not standing still.

Latest (and this might be the biggest competitor) is the Boss GT-1000Core.

 

Just one of the features

Unlimited sound creation with 24 simultaneous effects blocks—including two different amps—and numerous series/parallel routing options  !!!!!

 

Interesting to see the Line 6 response. Maybe a HX Stomp v2   :-)

 

 

 

 

It appears many of them are locked in. I downloaded the parameter guide.There appears to be 3 slots where you can shooxd your effect, otherwise they are all preassinged. Compressor, Preamp, Distortion, noise Suppressor, Equalizer, Delay, Chorus, etc with only 3 places where you can actually pick your effect. FX 1, 2 & 3. They appear to be in preassigned order as well. Not even close to the flexibility of the Stomp. I'm going to guess Line 6 response will be........................................................................................................................................................................

No more, no less.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, brue58ski said:

 

It appears many of them are locked in. I downloaded the parameter guide.There appears to be 3 slots where you can shooxd your effect, otherwise they are all preassinged. Compressor, Preamp, Distortion, noise Suppressor, Equalizer, Delay, Chorus, etc with only 3 places where you can actually pick your effect. FX 1, 2 & 3. They appear to be in preassigned order as well. Not even close to the flexibility of the Stomp. I'm going to guess Line 6 response will be........................................................................................................................................................................

No more, no less.

 

It still seems, to me, like this new Boss processor will be really awesome for a lot of guitar players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, sandeman said:

For everyone in the are "6 blocks" enough discussion.

The  HX Stomp has  a very appealing price point and form factor.
This has been replicated by  the competition as well and the competition is not standing still.

Latest (and this might be the biggest competitor) is the Boss GT-1000Core.

 

Just one of the features

Unlimited sound creation with 24 simultaneous effects blocks—including two different amps—and numerous series/parallel routing options  !!!!!

 

Interesting to see the Line 6 response. Maybe a HX Stomp v2   :-)

 

 

 

 

Good luck for anyone brave enough trying to use that... The Boss GT-1000 was one of the most overly-complex UIs I've ever seen. I think it's probably the worst UI on any multi-FX currently available.

 

I really don't think Line 6 has anything to worry about from Boss in that regard. I think people will take the ease of the use of the Stomp any day. Over on TGP, I've not seen one post on the Effects forum yet about the Boss Core product.

 

I know I have a slightly irrational hatred of Boss products... But they're some of the most frustrating things I've ever used. They haven't substantially upgraded their UI in like, I don't know, 15 years or so now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, sandeman said:

For everyone in the are "6 blocks" enough discussion.

The  HX Stomp has  a very appealing price point and form factor.
This has been replicated by  the competition as well and the competition is not standing still.

Latest (and this might be the biggest competitor) is the Boss GT-1000Core.

 

Just one of the features

Unlimited sound creation with 24 simultaneous effects blocks—including two different amps—and numerous series/parallel routing options  !!!!!

 

Interesting to see the Line 6 response. Maybe a HX Stomp v2   :-)

 

 

 


Well, way back in January this year, someone over on TGP made a comment about the POD Go and it’s FX block layout. They were saying something along the lines of - in the POD, things like volume and amp blocks are fixed, although, you can select a delay effect that you want, but the delay block position is fixed. 
 

A reply to that comment pointed out that it was very similar to the system which has been used by BOSS for a very long time, e.g. from the GT-10 right up to the GT-1000.


As noted by the post from “brue58ski”, above, it looks to me that this Core unit is following along that route.

 

As something that seems to be a part built pedal board it might possibly be more a rival to POD Go than the HX Stomp.
 

Mmm... at that price point, maybe not.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PeterHamm said:

It still seems, to me, like this new Boss processor will be really awesome for a lot of guitar players.

 

Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm definitely in the "if it works for you...Great!" camp. The post was wondering what Line 6's response to it would be. I was trying to pointing out that comparing the 24 effects at the same time to what Helix can do was a bit of a stretch since It looks like the order of the effects are "burned" into where they are in the BOSS which makes it easier to dole out DSP. From what I saw, there are actually only 3 slots where you can actually pick whatever effects you want. Can you have 24 effects at the same time?...yes but you don't get to pick what all of them are or where they go. You can turn them all on, but do you want them all on? At least that's what I saw in the manual. I didn't get to look for very long so I could be wrong. . They really seem like apples and oranges to me. I like to put things where I want them i.e. flexiblity. The BOSS doesn't offer as much flexiblity as the Helix...at all. But that's OK if that works for you. Does it sound good? Do you get what you want out of it. Excellent! If you always want a compressor at the beginning of the chain then get the BOSS. If you'd like to put it anywhere you want then get the Helix. I don't care. I just think Line 6's response will be none. (which is what the question was i.e. "I wonder what Line 6's response will be?") I mean respond to what? They will optimize their platform with little to no regard to what BOSS did. And BOSS will do the same. It actually looks like this was a BOSS's response to what Line 6 is doing. Little dog chasing the big dog. Big dog don't care. Sorry, had to throw that in there. Use whatever works for you. Helix works for me. And I'm sure Line 6 will not make any decisions based on what BOSS just did. I be ramblin' a bit. Sorry. Stay well everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoy my Stomp...could it be better ,Yes!. While I don't think I will give it up for the GT-1000 core, the Core does have things the Stomp is missing. For me the parallel path/sub-mixing on the Core is something lacking in the Stomp. Also an overall Bass setting and dedicated bass effects on the Core is very attractive (and sorely needed on Stomp) I'm hopeful v3.0 will add some of these desired features to the Stomp to keep bassists interested in the Line 6 gear.  If it were more affordable I would consider getting a Core for comparison and most likely use in concert with the Stomp. I don't know if Boss is proactive with updates like Line 6 either (one of the reasons I left my Zoom behind). I would think Line 6 is paying attention(they seem to respond to user input(?) ) and will wish to keep users (esp. bassists) from moving away from their product. I am not one of them ,but also I think it would be foolish of Line 6 to ignore the advantages of the Core.

As far as blocks..a couple more  blocks in v3.0 for utility blocks(volume/wah,Fx loops) works for me.  Core or helix....16,24,32 blocks? Do you even remember what your axe sounds like?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2020 at 5:31 AM, Thehook said:

Also an overall Bass setting and dedicated bass effects on the Core is very attractive (and sorely needed on Stomp) I'm hopeful v3.0 will add some of these desired features to the Stomp to keep bassists interested in the Line 6 gear.

 

???

I play electric bass in a few bands, I play an old acoustic bass (using a Schertler Basik pickup) in a few bands, and I play guitar in two other bands. I have simply set up several presets for basses and several presets for guitar that I use. Works great as is. Am I missing something…? :)

 

But yeah, I could use one or two more blocks sometimes. Nonetheless, there are enough workarounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2020 at 1:53 PM, sandeman said:

For everyone in the are "6 blocks" enough discussion.

The  HX Stomp has  a very appealing price point and form factor.
This has been replicated by  the competition as well and the competition is not standing still.

Latest (and this might be the biggest competitor) is the Boss GT-1000Core.

 

Just one of the features

Unlimited sound creation with 24 simultaneous effects blocks—including two different amps—and numerous series/parallel routing options  !!!!!

 

Interesting to see the Line 6 response. Maybe a HX Stomp v2   :-)

 

 

 

With all respect. I feel that most of the reactions have not  properly interpreted my initial reaction.

This is not about 6 blocks, 24 blocks or whatever. This is not about favoring the GT-1000core over the Helix Stomp.

 

 I am a very happy HX Stomp user.  However I am not a fanboy and I do keep my   eyes open and try to be subjective about other brands and devices.

 I believe in honest competition.  And the competition is clearly not standing still.

Ultimately if we want an better Helix devices it  will (partly) come from the competition moving in closer.  This can come in the form of hardware, software or both.

 

BTW I play bass.  Most of the times 6 blocks is  good enough for me and  the Helix is part of a larger pedalboard setup.

Instead of more blocks my wish list would be more bass related amps/fx's. And (guess it will not be on this hardware version) remote (read bluetooth) editor options.

 

Happy Hx-ing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, titchyblackcat said:

Will there ever be an update 3 ?

This thread was started in january. Just saying.

 


0C78330F-3D9D-4F40-A2FE-C7DEE1E84091.jpeg.51ee581a07909f7aab2ab62b9148c9ba.jpeg
 

PLUS THIS THREAD WAS STARTED IN OCTOBER 2018!

You’re looking at page 3.

Just saying!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...