Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Horrible Buzzing Sound For Most Patches

mark_shaw

I just got a new 500x and all of the patches that I have tried sound horrible.  Most have this really thin buzzy sound, especially the high gain ones.  Both the default patches and those I've downloaded online sound this way.  Even the clean patches will have a buzzy sound when you strum hard enough.  It's not a hum type buzz that persists when you're not playing.  But when playing, most of the patches sound like you have a tin can for a speaker.  Please tell me there is some setting I can tweak to fix this, otherwise I'm returning it!

Thanks.

Also try downloading some of the custom tone patches that have descriptions of what type of sound you are looking for.  Most of the presets patches are basically to show off effect capability and are not that useful nor sound all that good.  Also the previous posts are defintiely something you want to verify also.

• 6 months later...

I went to buy the HD500X yesterday, took my Godin Exit22 and some Bose headphones to try it out first.  Unfortunately I had this problem as well, all patches had a noticeable buzz/hum in the background. We tried a different guitar, but it was just the same, a better quality lead helped reduce it to a degree but it was still there.  The guy in the shop thought it might have been a power supply issue, but we couldn't resolve it so unfortunately I had to walk away.  They only had one unit in stock, so I'll give them a call when they get another in to see if it's the same.