Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can you use Split A/B for this...

JeremiahEdward

I have an A/B split right before two amps in serial. I would like to be able to set a footswitch so that when it's not engaged it's 100% A path and when it's engaged it's 100% B Path. Is this possible? I know it's possible the expression pedal, but I cannot get it to work with the footswtich. 

I should note.. the reason I want to to this.. I could easily set it up so that amp 1 and amp 2 share the same footswitch (one is clean and the other is dirty), but it's very easy for the bypassed/engaged light change.. just by touching the footswitch. Then you have the red circle led around the footswitch lit up when amp 1 (clean is engaged). So you go to hit a distorted chord thinking amp2 is engaged (lead amp) and it's actually clean.

So i thought just keep them both engaged and A/B between them.

Screen Shot 2018-10-21 at 10.24.46 AM.png

I do this with the 2204 and 2204 MOD. There are a number of ways to go about it, depending on your needs.

Good:

Assign Both Amps to a FS. Save with Amp A ON and Amp B OFF. Hitting the FS will toggle them. Limited control of other FX/Parameters.

Better:

Use a snapshot. Put both amps on the same path. In Snapshot 1 (clean) the first amp is ON and the second is OFF. Snapshot 2 (dirty) is the opposite. Better control of other FX/Parameters.

Best:

Use a snapshot. Amps on separate Paths. Assign the Split block's Route slider to Snapshots. Save CLEAN Snapshot with Amp A ON, Amp B OFF and Split set to 100% A. Save DIRTY Snapshot with Amp A OFF, Amp B ON, Split set to 100% B. 

Total control of FX/Parameters for each Amp.