Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Weird artifact when switching between two snaps

PiFromBRC

Hi all:

I'm getting a weird artifact as I switch between two snapshots in a modulation and delay heavy ambient preset I'm building. it's an audible note maybe a half step up from D.

The only change between the two snapshots are delay synchs (half note and quarter note). Even when I bypass the delay I get the artifact. I've bypassed all blocks one at a time, yet it remains. I am using two split cross-overs (One on top path, the other on the bottom). Anybody have any ideas?

Chain is: Input (multi), pitch w/mix controlled by pedal 2 for feedback->script phase -> split crossover -> A path amp/B path preamp, FX loop for external pedal, legac phaser -> merge to Path 2A -> split cross-over A path to IR/B path to onboard cab, Merge-->delay -> reverb-> multi-out.

This is messing with my Sunday Build time.

11 hours ago, PiFromBRC said:

Hi all:

I'm getting a weird artifact as I switch between two snapshots in a modulation and delay heavy ambient preset I'm building. it's an audible note maybe a half step up from D.

The only change between the two snapshots are delay synchs (half note and quarter note). Even when I bypass the delay I get the artifact. I've bypassed all blocks one at a time, yet it remains. I am using two split cross-overs (One on top path, the other on the bottom). Anybody have any ideas?

Chain is: Input (multi), pitch w/mix controlled by pedal 2 for feedback->script phase -> split crossover -> A path amp/B path preamp, FX loop for external pedal, legac phaser -> merge to Path 2A -> split cross-over A path to IR/B path to onboard cab, Merge-->delay -> reverb-> multi-out.

This is messing with my Sunday Build time.

There is a global setting for delays that make time transitions “transparent” that gets rid of the glitchy sounds when changing time. Can’t recall what it is off the top of my head. 

9 hours ago, jbuhajla said:

There is a global setting for delays that make time transitions “transparent” that gets rid of the glitchy sounds when changing time. Can’t recall what it is off the top of my head. 

GAH!

"So despite the smoldering cigar in the parlor, we can summarize that the Duke of Westerly was, in fact, on a quail hunt at the time of the Captain's death.  This leaves us no alternative and proves the actual murderer can be none other than...uh...than...ummm...."

Do you recall if it was within EQ, preferences, etc?

• Haha 1

On 10/22/2018 at 4:09 AM, jbuhajla said:

Wow!  I've been having the same problem.  This is not a little problem - it's a HUGE one.  And trails on/off doesn't work.  If this global setting is correct, and I can find it,  it's going to be wonderful.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  This does cause me to have one question though.  If there is a global setting to make delay transitions "transparent", can anyone think of a single reason why you would want it to be otherwise?

On 10/22/2018 at 1:30 PM, PiFromBRC said:

GAH!

"So despite the smoldering cigar in the parlor, we can summarize that the Duke of Westerly was, in fact, on a quail hunt at the time of the Captain's death.  This leaves us no alternative and proves the actual murderer can be none other than...uh...than...ummm...."

Do you recall if it was within EQ, preferences, etc?

Global> preferences> Tap Tempo Pitch. Set it to transparent to minimize the "glichy" pitch changes when changing delay tempo. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JLondon said:

This does cause me to have one question though.  If there is a global setting to make delay transitions "transparent", can anyone think of a single reason why you would want it to be otherwise?

Noise rock and special FX. You can get pretty predictable glitches if you have a delay with some mods all set to specific tempos/divisions. Kind of a cool freakout effect if you want it.

20 hours ago, gunpointmetal said:

Noise rock and special FX. You can get pretty predictable glitches if you have a delay with some mods all set to specific tempos/divisions. Kind of a cool freakout effect if you want it.

But as a default setting?

On 10/23/2018 at 2:46 PM, gunpointmetal said:

...end of EVH Eruption. Changing the time parameter to change the pitch of the delayed signal. Classic...

• Like 1