Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line Inputs And Iphone?

Hello I just purchased a UX1 for practicing and I have a question about the line inputs.  I'm trying to record with the metronome that I use (which is an app on my phone) through the UX1 and I'm not sure how to do it.  When I plug my phone into the monitor in I can hear while I'm recording but it doesn't actually record, which I get as it is the "monitor".  However if I plug it in to the line inputs I get nothing at all, no sound through the headphones and no sound on the recording.  Is what I'm looking to do even possible?  Thanks.  Oh, and I'm technologically challenged so you may have to explain it to me like I'm a second grader.

On the UX1 you can not use the instrument or mic input in conjunction with the line inputs.

To see what I am getting at in POD Farm try selecting different cominations of inputs for Tone A and B.

There are a few work arounds.

What DAW are you using?

The reason I ask is most DAW's have a metronome.

I personally do not prefer to record the metronome, I'd rather have a simple drum pattern as a click track.

If you really wanted to you could convert the output of you i-Phone to an XLR connection, making sure to keep you levels low, then you would be recording the metronome.

Or you could import/record any metronome to its own track.