Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Use both ms and Note Divisions for time parameter for Delay block?

larjim

There are situations where I would like to have an delay time parameter set based on ms for one part of a song (say for a slap-back or thickener) during part of a song (say set to 75ms), but would like the time based parameter to be set up based on Note Division for another part of a song (say a 1/4-note delay during a solo).  

However,  the parameter seems to need to be one or the other per preset.  I had hoped I could (for example) have one snapshot (call it “Main”) based on the slap-back/ms setting, and another snapshot (call it “Solo”) with the delay parameter based on the Note Division, however when I push the Delay time parameter button in “Main” Snapshot to switch it to ms, it also seems to change it ms in the “Solo” snapshot.

Any suggestions - I guess I could set two delay blocks and have them toggle on/off but that would be using up an extra block - not always an option....

You can change the note value and BPM on a snapshot per snapshot basis, so you should still be able to obtain whatever delay time setting you want in a snapshot. You just have to convert from milliseconds to BPM. For shorter delay times, you may need to use a smaller note value.