Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

So what type of stuff can the Helix now support?

GuidedWay

Based on a previous post it seems as though the new update was focused on prepping the Helix for some stuff that wasnt possible before. Besides new amps or fx etc, what type of stuff do you think the Helix is now capable of having under the hood? 

42 minutes ago, GuidedWay said:

Based on a previous post it seems as though the new update was focused on prepping the Helix for some stuff that wasnt possible before. Besides new amps or fx etc, what type of stuff do you think the Helix is now capable of having under the hood? 

Panini press, cappuccino machine, and a missile launcher....;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GuidedWay said:

Seems that the focus was on getting things in order to make the new "Marketplace" functional, then new tuner options, and finally bug fixes. I don't think anything "under the hood" can really be added except for more/improved models and bug fixes. Those are all firmware related. 

This is what got me curious, posted by phil_m in another post.

"Seriously, though, there's a lot of stuff going behind the sceneswith this update that's setting the table for better things in thefuture. The GUI couldn't support a strobe tuner previouslybecause the refresh rate of the screen wasn't high enough. This update addressed the refresh rate, thus making something likethe strobe possible. There are other features in the future thatcould make use of that... Think of this update as more of amaintenance update than anything else. It's like getting the oilchanged in your car - not sexy, but necessary."

3 hours ago, GuidedWay said:

This is what got me curious, posted by phil_m in another post.

"Seriously, though, there's a lot of stuff going behind the sceneswith this update that's setting the table for better things in thefuture. The GUI couldn't support a strobe tuner previouslybecause the refresh rate of the screen wasn't high enough. This update addressed the refresh rate, thus making something likethe strobe possible. There are other features in the future thatcould make use of that... Think of this update as more of amaintenance update than anything else. It's like getting the oilchanged in your car - not sexy, but necessary."

I saw the same post. Speaking of the screen refresh rate. This is one of the reasons that was explained to me from a few posters why the Helix doesn't have metering, refresh rate of the screen was too slow.

So, I am hopeful that this does indeed pave the way for metering, and clip indicators.

• Upvote 2