Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using a real cabinet AND sending simulated amp signal to mixing board?

jdolby

I'm using Helix (floor) with my 212 cabinet, powered by a Carvin DCM 150 power amp.  

A typical patch would consist of me going through a distortion pedal and maybe a modulation effect before the amp sim, then delay and reverb after the amp sim.  The signal is sent to the 1/4" output jacks.  

What do I need to do to my patch to keep the above _AND_ send an FRFR signal to the mixing desk?

I've been using my Helix Floor in the way you describe, @jdolby, for the past year, and it works great. In addition to the 1/4 output that goes to my SS amp and guitar speaker cab, my Helix patch is split to B path after the amp sim, and I add a cabinet+mic block, then that goes out via the XLR to the house PA.  The XLR out is fixed volume, but the 1/4 out is controlled by the Volume knob, so I can adjust my on-stage volume, without changing the PA volume.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys.

After playing around with the unit I split the signal after all my effects and added a speaker.  From there I sent the signal to 2B and changed the output to XLR (frfr).  Works great!