tearitupbaby

can a helix get this sound?

Start with Jason Sadites’ Brit Trem Jump preset. Tutorial on YouTube.

6 hours ago, tearitupbaby said:

thanx.i watched it and its a basic marshall tone i guess.

Hi tearitupbaby,

Glad to see you were impressed by  Twighlight Zone, the 1984 hit from Golden Earring. They did a lot more than Radar Love,

Here’s something else by them, from ten years previously, which even includes an early example of sampling of Marilyn Monroe’s voice from the movie “There’s No Business Like Show Busniness”. I sometimes wonder if Fleetwood Mac listened to this before they came up with Tusk?

Here ya go - from the classic 1974 album “Moontan” (hang on in there till about 3:13)

"Here ya go - from the classic 1974 album “Moontan” (hang on in there till about 3:13)"

Moontan is excellent from start to finish, yet there's only song on it that ever hit the airwaves (Radar Love).  Its one of those albums like Dark Side of the Moon that makes me want to plant myself in front of the speakers, dim the lights, crank it up, and become immersed in the music.  There's a double-live album from 1977 that's excellent as well. 

• Thanks 1

That was a right impressive performance! I don’t have any particular insight regarding nailing the tone, but my appreciation for Golden Earring has gone up two full notches.

12 hours ago, Verne-Bunsen said:

That was a right impressive performance! I don’t have any particular insight regarding nailing the tone, but my appreciation for Golden Earring has gone up two full notches.

yes simple music and catchy and simple tone

17 hours ago, tearitupbaby said:

Can helix get this type of tone??  unique amp tone

You could try the native with the free trial mode and see by yoursfelf. Lots of great stuff it can do.