Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

V1.7 Fixed Logic Pro Snapshot Bug

soundog

I just got around to testing HXN Version 1.7 in Logic Pro X, and the bug which prevented the user from automating Snapshots in Logic Pro X (without jumping through some workaround hoops) seems to have been fixed. At least its working here (using Logic Pro X 10.4.2). I was surprised because it wasn't mentioned in the release notes.

Yay!

Screen Shot 2018-10-24 at 9.51.00 PM.png

I use HXN as a plug-in for recording, so create automation on the timeline. I record my raw/dry guitar tracks, then tweak away during mixing. 

But if I needed to I can also switch Snapshots "on the fly" with any of my MIDI controllers .... Logic Pro X lets you map external controller switches, knobs, or faders to plug-in parameter using what it calls "Smart Controls."

• 2 weeks later...

Some days ago, i tried to explain my problem,,its not very easy,,im not and English man ,but i try anyway,,ok,,i have everything connect into my Logic pro X, and Helix Native sounds are there when i open a song, but sometime i want to change or open helix to peak ecco or fuzz,,bla bla,, but when i do that , try to open the Helix its just stop the LOgic and it lock the program and i get message say it will report this to Apple,,the strange thing are ,,i haveHelix in my system? but it say i dont?? all happend when i try to upgrade to 1.7 and my floor to 2.7 i think the problem can be something about the files setup?

If you start a new Project in Logic, make a new Audio track, and then put Native in as a plug-in, go to My Account in the bottom left corner of plug-in window. Select Preferences to see the version number. If not 1.7, try reinstalling it.

If Version 1.7 is installed and you continue to have your strange problem, you may want to try reinstalling Helix Native. You should be able to open and change things in Native while Logic is playing or stopped without any problems.