Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Changing channels on a Huges & Kettner Tubemaister 36

pegamarz

Hi! I Have a Tubemaister 36 combo and a Line 6 Helix LT. I've tried to connect them Via 4CM (plus a MIDI cable) so I can control de amp channels of the Tubemaister with the Helix (Via MIDI because it´s the only way to change channels on the amp). I know I'm must be doing something wrong because I just simply can't! Yes...I have seen tutorials on YouTube...and here where I'm standing right now: Besides all the connections of the cables (and the amp set in series mode), The Helix signal path is: Guitar in, Chorus, Pitch whammy, Distortion, SEND AND RETURN, a pre amp, Delay and a Reverb.

If I disengage the series mode on the back of the amp I cannot hear the reverb and the delay...

Somebody can help me? In advance thank you for your time and patience! 

I´m getting frustrated here! 

"I just simply can't!"

Can't what?

I don't have a H&K, but had a quick look at the manual. It SX!

I found a YouTube video that seems pretty straight forward.

Here's a decent explanation of the programming:

Here's how you use 4cm:

Guitar>Helix Guitar IN>FX Blocks>Helix Preamp Block (if used)>Send/Return Block>Helix Loop SEND>H&K INPUT>H&K FX Loop SEND>Helix Loop RETURN>FX Blocks>Helix(Left/Mono) 1/4" OUT>H&K FX Loop RETURN.

Remember to set up your Presets/Snapshots to turn the Helix Preamp and SEND/RETURN Blocks On or Off depending on whether you want to use the H&K or Helix Preamp.

H&K Preamp = Helix Preamp OFF - Send/Return Block ON

Helix Preamp = Helix Preamp ON - Send/Return Block OFF

In the manual, I don't see the Serial Switch you mentioned. Leave it in whatever position works. 

If I've misunderstood your problem, please provide more detail.

Just connect a TRS cable between the Helix Ext Amp connector  and the channel footswitch connector on the amp then set some footswitches to control Ext Amp, It's much easier than using midi with the Tubemeister.

The switch you refer to turns the fx loop off so no, you won't hear your reverbs.

Craig

50 minutes ago, CraigGT said:

Just connect a TRS cable between the Helix Ext Amp connector  and the channel footswitch connector on the amp then set some footswitches to control Ext Amp, It's much easier than using midi with the Tubemeister.

The switch you refer to turns the fx loop off so no, you won't hear your reverbs.

Craig

While that IS the simplest way to change channels, using midi allows for the saving of complete amp presets. More complicated, but much more powerful.

I found that a midi preset contains power settings so you'd need to use different presets for practice and gigs. 

That's why I went the ext amp route because you can set the power level as required and just change the channels. 

Of cause If you want to do more then midi is the way to go. 

Craig