Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

blank Set List

gleneverich

Hi I just started working with my POD HD 500x.  I down loaded the editor software and some patches. But I saw in an instructional video that you could just drag the down loaded patches into an empty set list in the editor.  How do you create an empty list list/blank set list.

Thanks

The best way is to save current bundle and pick a setlist bank and save it.

Find a blank patch "newtone" or make one deleting everything and save this patch. Copy paste into another patch of the bank and  save. 

Continue copy and pasting a number of blank "new tones in the setlist untill it is all only "new tones" and save this setlist. You can use this to blank a whole setlist another day. so worth saving.

You can also save the setlists and blank patches with titles you prefer if you wish

I have a blank bundle. A blank setlist. And a blank patch. Makes life easy. 

But, to answer the question as to how one creates blanks.... 

If you just started working with the unit, there should be at least 2 empty setlists. More, if you haven't upgraded the firmware.

• 2 months later...

So how DO you create a new setlist? Is it possible? And is it possible to rename a setlist? I am a newbie. I have already go t patches in both user setlists. I would like to create different setlists for different purposes and name them accordingly.

43 minutes ago, Nicky-T said:

So how DO you create a new setlist? Is it possible? And is it possible to rename a setlist? I am a newbie. I have already go t patches in both user setlists. I would like to create different setlists for different purposes and name them accordingly.

I looked around the forum and came up with a solution: Save the setlist to disk, give it a new name, load it from the saved file - voilá! - new name is the file name. 

Thanks to @silverhead.

Your 500 is running 2.62 

Which, according to Monkey, is the latest. 

And that is interesting because.... 

Once upon a time, you could change the name of a saved setlist and have the new name appear on your device. - the way you say you can. 

But the newer updates required some programming to be dropped in order to make space for the new stuff. One of the things that suffered was the setlists being able to be named that way. You either have to manually edit the name on the machine, or you need to do the global reset after you load a named setlist. 

5 hours ago, pianoguyy said:

Your 500 is running 2.62 

Which, according to Monkey, is the latest. 

And that is interesting because.... 

Once upon a time, you could change the name of a saved setlist and have the new name appear on your device. - the way you say you can. 

But the newer updates required some programming to be dropped in order to make space for the new stuff. One of the things that suffered was the setlists being able to be named that way. You either have to manually edit the name on the machine, or you need to do the global reset after you load a named setlist. 

A setlist can still be renamed with HD Edit by changing to the 'set lists' tab and then on the setlist name you want to change, one long-left-click (~ 0.5 - 1 second) followed by a short left click. Very odd, but it seems to work.

5 hours ago, duncann said:

A setlist can still be renamed with HD Edit by changing to the 'set lists' tab and then on the setlist name you want to change, one long-left-click (~ 0.5 - 1 second) followed by a short left click. Very odd, but it seems to work.

Thanks, that's much easier.

@pianoguyySo I have to look at Flash Memory, not USB Firmware.

@hurghanico

Thanks for the info.

I nearly always use the software. Doing it on the hardware is difficult for me, too linear. I like to see everything laid out. I do it that way on both my other multi-effect units. That's why I got rid of my M13. Too complicated, no software.

@hurghanico I had not used the setlist page before. The method you describe is much simpler.

I see I can directly select a patch from the setlist page instead of using the setlist control drop-down on the left. Easier this way.

Any other uses for this page I should be aware of?

BTW, I've read all the documentation (RTFM) but it's hard to remember it all when you're not familiar with the product to begin with.

3 hours ago, hurghanico said:

I would say that the following instructions reported in the POD HD500 Edit Pilot Guide include almost all the tricks related to the use of the editor setlists page:

Thanks. I do remember seeing that when I was reading. I hardly even knew what is was at the time ;-)