Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

LCD switches randomly to knobs view

fredfunke

Hi,

while playing I only want to see the view with the patch display. But apparently randomly the LCD switches to the Knob View (attached). Then back again. I didn't notice that before. Is something broken, or are the knobs getting old?

Greetings, Fred

20181027_223857.jpg

Sometimes the knobs get what is known as "jitter"... especially as the unit ages. It's the digital version of an amp getting scratchy pots. 

It doesn't take much for a knob to change a value... even by a fraction. When that happens, that screen will appear. 

A good cleaning can take care of this... but only if you know what you are doing. In the meantime, you have found the safe solution. 

Hi,

I am having the same issue. My drive parameter keeps fluctuating and goes haywire randomly. I did try cleaning after removing the knobs. I also tried switching the amp knobs off in the system settings. But it doesn't stop it from changing the parameters. I performed a factory reset as well by holding down the 'left' button while turning the device on. Nothing really seems to be working. It is very hard for me to play live when the parameters keep randomly changing. I would really appreciate some help guys!

• 2 years later...

Which of the above solutions have you attempted. Cleaning the pots would be your first step from the above conversations. The pots get dirty causes that jitter mentioned above. Start there if you haven't. If you have, update your post with more info on what hasn't worked for you.

3 hours ago, SiCantwell said:

Happened to me repeatedly at two practices. Time to order a Pod Go and retire the 500X.

Sad!

Have you tried codamedia’s suggestion?

On 10/28/2018 at 11:16 PM, codamedia said:

Sometimes the knobs get what is known as "jitter"... especially as the unit ages. It's the digital version of an amp getting scratchy pots. 

It doesn't take much for a knob to change a value... even by a fraction. When that happens, that screen will appear. 

A good cleaning can take care of this... but only if you know what you are doing. In the meantime, you have found the safe solution. 

Another option would be to ‘park’ the knobs at the min or max position. They are less subject to jitters there.