fredfunke

LCD switches randomly to knobs view

Hi,

while playing I only want to see the view with the patch display. But apparently randomly the LCD switches to the Knob View (attached). Then back again. I didn't notice that before. Is something broken, or are the knobs getting old?

Greetings, Fred

20181027_223857.jpg

Tried an workaround: utilities, set amp knobs display momentary: off.

Not want I wanted (get off the randomly switch)..

Yes switching the amp controls off is the way to do it as otherwise any cables touching the knobs will switch it to the amp controls. Cheers

Sometimes the knobs get what is known as "jitter"... especially as the unit ages. It's the digital version of an amp getting scratchy pots. 

It doesn't take much for a knob to change a value... even by a fraction. When that happens, that screen will appear. 

A good cleaning can take care of this... but only if you know what you are doing. In the meantime, you have found the safe solution. 

Hi,

I am having the same issue. My drive parameter keeps fluctuating and goes haywire randomly. I did try cleaning after removing the knobs. I also tried switching the amp knobs off in the system settings. But it doesn't stop it from changing the parameters. I performed a factory reset as well by holding down the 'left' button while turning the device on. Nothing really seems to be working. It is very hard for me to play live when the parameters keep randomly changing. I would really appreciate some help guys!