Swirlygiver

Battery replacement

Has anyone replaced their battery and added a battery clip, so that they don’t have to remove the board and solder?  If so, where did u get the clip, and did u also change the battery type?

Yes i have replaced it with a batteryclip and solder on the board, type of battery = GP Lithium CR2430 and delivered by conrad.nl (German electronicsshop).

The results after replacing perfect.

Did the battery clip fit the existing solder location?  And can u now change the battery without loosing memory?

Yes on the same place, i have not testing the change with the new replacement. The best is before you change the battery to make a back-up from you amp/tonebanks (i think so, but.........)

Did the battery clip have 3 pins?  I don’t suppose u could send me a link to one?  And did u take a photo of it afterwards?

Yes en maybe you must solder a extra wire to one of the pins (i could not find a 3 pin holder)

Wow. Thanks for the photo. Thats a tight squeeze.  Looks like the battery comes out towards the heat sink.   Did u solder it yourself?

Batteryclip laying under de cooler, this is a cooler for a another compenent. Yes i solder it. Before you do that, code the cables and take photo's because a lot of things must be reconnected.