Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Audio Routing Gx Through Other Interface

Hi.

I'm considering buying additional interface like Focusrite Saffire PRO 24. What I want to get is:

- main outs on speakers via Focusrite

- recording dry signal of my guitar to Reaper

- playback from DAW on main outs

- playing the guitar with "wet" signal on speakers while recording dry without noticeable latency

Could You advice me how to do it? Is it possible?

The part that might trip you up is

- playing the guitar with "wet" signal on speakers while recording dry without noticeable latency

I don't think you would be able to implement both of them simultaneously.

You could get a mixer and route the main outs of the mixer to your monitors and toggle between the 2 interfaces.

You could use the GX to achieve

or you could purchase POD Farm 2.5 hardware independent (not i-Lok) and use it with practically any ASIO interface and eliminate the GX form the equation.

Also, if you purchased model packs for the GX they will work with the POD Farm 2.5 license, so you can just purchase the standard.

There is a 30 day money back guarantee, so if it doesn't work with your new interface you're not out the $99.

I thought of running Podfarm not in DAW, connecting guitar to Focusrite's instrument input 1, sending signal from that input to DAW and sending the same signal on one of outs. Connect that out with gx input and gx output sending on input 2 of Focusrite. In virtual mixer would be able to route signal from my DAW and from input 2 to speakers. I think it would do the trick, but I'm not sure if it's really possible to lower the latency so that it will be possible to play or will windows handle 2 cards simultaneously.

What I want to get is clean signal on guitar track so that I will be able to run podfarm as plugin and have everything under control. Additionally I'd like to hear guitar with effects on it.

What I want to get is clean signal on guitar track so that I will be able to run podfarm as plugin and have everything under control. Additionally I'd like to hear guitar with effects on it.

Assuming you have a POD Farm 1 or 2.5 plug-in you can already do this. The POD Studio GX (black faced) typically comes with the POD Farm 2 plug-in. The Older (red faced) Toneports typically did not.

When you select the GX in your DAW as the ASIO device you should have 4 ins availble from the GX.

In the POD Farm miuxer view you can select what is sent to your DAW.

I typically set 1/2 as dry and 2/4 as wet. With POD Farm running and you montiors connect to the GX you will be monitoring the wet while capturing both the wet and dry (onto 2 sperate tracks) and then you can add the plug-in post processing while still have your wet track as a referrence.

Well, I have the Pod Studio GX with Podfarm 2.55. Thanks for information about the 4 channels. I wasn't able to pick 3&4, it was set to show only 1&2 podfarm sends in my DAW. The reason I'm asking of all this stuff is this annoying "pop" sound which I'll probably get rid of when I change my soundcard.