Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How To Disconnect Battery Holder Connector?

I have the replacement battery holder.  The problem is removing the old one.  There is one cable that snakes through the control cavity to the main board.  I can disconnect it from the main board and verified the new box fixes the problem by hooking it up.  So back to my question.  The part circled on the picture is where the cable attaches to the battery holder.  that cable snakes through the control cavity, but I can't snake it through without removing some other connectors and they look tricky too.  Is the part circled a connector or is it permanently affixed to the battery holder?

"Is the part circled a connector or is it permanently affixed to the battery holder?"--- That connector is soldered in to 

the battery holder circuit board.

That is a JTV-59,... battery holder swaps should be done by a Line 6 authorized technician who knows the product,

as getting the battery harness wires through the cavity require removing the main board so you can get the cables

through the hole. So go with a Line 6 authorized tech on this one. If it were a JTV-69 or JTV-89F, I wouldn't be concern.

59 is different.

Going about it from the battery holder circuit board side of it is ill advised. A wrong move, connector or circuit trace damage

on the old or new circuit board or cable connector, and you'll have to start over. Static discharge into the program IC on

the battery circuit board, the program might get wiped, and you'll have to start over. Static discharge while trying to remove

the main board, the program might get wiped, and you'll have to start over,... and with a new main board.

Best to leave this one to a Line 6 authorized tech in your area, who has the right tools and experience for this.