Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native trial issue: one song won't open

aaron__aardvark

I am trying out Helix Native, trial version.  Cubase AI8 (latest version), and Mac OSX 10.11.6 (El Capitan).  I'm working on two songs: one song has one instance of Helix Native on one track, and I did not save the song (in Cubase) with the Helix gui open.  That song re-opens just fine after I shutting down my iMac.  The second song, from what I remember, had two guitar tracks, each with separate instances of Helix Native; and I believe I had both gui's open, because I was tweaking both separately for double-tracked guitar tracks.  This song project will not re-open after several tries.  I tried the bak file, and that did not work either.  Have any solutions?  I will probably buy Helix Native when it goes on sale again, but my trial period will probably end in less that 2 weeks.  Several years ago, on a different forum, someone taught me how to open a song with a similar problem, and I forget how to do that in Cubase.......oh, I did find some old notes where re-naming the VST file to something else did the trick for Mac OSX 10.6.8, but my notes say it did not work in OSX 10.9.5.  I have yet to try that trick with my current OSX 10.11.6.  

Its been a long time since I used Cubase. But it could be a corrupt project file. Try these, perhaps:

Temporarily rename your plug-in folders so no plug-ins load when you launch Cubase to see if a plug-in is the culprit. Then try to figure out which one.

Try starting Cubase in Safe Start Mode, then try loading the file.

Trash your Cubase preferences file.

Well, I thought I would give it one more try (since computers can be quirky beasts), and try to open the song that wouldn't open........and this time it opened up after taking at least a minute of the computer thinking about it (seemingly)!  Otherwise, I would have changed a file name, but who knows what kind of Helix patch tweaking I would have lost (I did not save it as a changed factory preset).  This time I made sure I closed the Helix Native gui's before I closed the song.

• Upvote 1