Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Total output drop off when Phaser, Flange, etc. are engaged

PiFromBRC

I've never experienced this before, but I've been having some big-time modulation issues the past few days.

1:  I had an issue last night where switching between snapshots that turned off modulation blocks (Phaser and Flanger only, don't really use chorus), the sweep remained.  Haven't revisited that one, but likely still there.

2:  When I adjust a parameter within a modulation block (typically the mix of that block with an expression pedal), I'm getting a complete drop off with the entire preset output.  No volume or gain blocks are adjusted and I've checked to see if they were somehow assigned, but they're not.  Neither is gain, output, etc.  So I lose the signal until I use the expression pedal and then get volume, gain, (whatever) swelling with the mix of the modulation pedal.

This one is a puzzler. I've gone block-by-block and there are no bad expression pedal assignments.  Any ideas (or answers) are appreciated.  Thanks.

15 hours ago, PiFromBRC said:

I've never experienced this before, but I've been having some big-time modulation issues the past few days.

1:  I had an issue last night where switching between snapshots that turned off modulation blocks (Phaser and Flanger only, don't really use chorus), the sweep remained.  Haven't revisited that one, but likely still there.

2:  When I adjust a parameter within a modulation block (typically the mix of that block with an expression pedal), I'm getting a complete drop off with the entire preset output.  No volume or gain blocks are adjusted and I've checked to see if they were somehow assigned, but they're not.  Neither is gain, output, etc.  So I lose the signal until I use the expression pedal and then get volume, gain, (whatever) swelling with the mix of the modulation pedal.

This one is a puzzler. I've gone block-by-block and there are no bad expression pedal assignments.  Any ideas (or answers) are appreciated.  Thanks.

1. When you say "the sweep remained" do you mean you bypassed the modulation blocks, but you are still hearing modulation?

2. You definitely have your expression pedal assigned to something that is affecting volume/gain somewhere. 

On 11/3/2018 at 2:16 PM, PiFromBRC said:

1:  Yep.  All modulation blocks bypassed.  I even turned their mixes to zero while in bypassed state.

2:  Nope.  Block by block review and confirmation via the assignment window in Edit.

If you can recreate the issues with a particular preset, maybe you discovered a bug. Open a support ticket.