Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Wha Wha

MIKEY9966

I have finally have some great tones with the pod 500, I want I add a zakk wylde wha into the chain, I was thinking guitar Wah pod, now I know with the pods Wah the sound changes big time when you add a Wah and I have the ability to turn it on and off, what will happen if I add a Wah this way, anyone have a Wah with the pod? This will free up dsp and it is a better Wah then what the pod has to offer, and I can use the expression pedal on the pod for a volume pedal, any help would be great thanks and keep rocking inthe free world

The wha pedals aren't necessarily bad I don't think. They, like everything else in the pod, have to be adjusted. But with Adjusting I have gotten some killer wha tones. That's not to say you haven't done so yourself. And not to say that I wouldn't throw something like a Bad Horsie in the mix at some time but if I did I would run it just as u stated guitar = pod= etc.....

I haven't done an extensive test on this. I run my set up mainly as follows guitar=pod=L6link= DT50 2x12. Before I could figure out the eqs (thanks meambobbo and others) I ran a boss 10 band eq in between the guitar and POD and found it worked quite well. I think I have read about being able to patch it through the POD and such but have never tried it. Upon further consideration I can tell you that the effects sound a tad different ( a lot less overwhelming) when run through the DT instead of Direct into my LT3. But that being said play around with the parameters on the wha pedals in the pod first ( start with mix at first then try the sweep) and I would be shocked if you could not get one of them to your liking.

Look up Gregg deLaune on you tube or from posts here at l6, his set up of the internal wah. Basically he reduces the mix to around 46% and of course you can put it before the amp...but he has good insite / info

Adam

• Upvote 1

I actually run this way: guitar -> pedalboard -> HD500x

I use some effects on the POD, some from my pedalboard, including a 1980s Crybaby.

Some of this is a holdover from my previous rig in which I was using a POD X3--I felt the effects were a bit lacking, the HD500x are much improved, but I like the flexibility this gives me (if I want to add more crunch or some extra delay on the fly). My pedalboard is pretty modest (Rook overdrive, Rat, tc electronics delay and the crybaby). I've had no trouble with this at all. Best of both worlds.

I was using an rmc2 before the pod, but you can do cool things like adjust the amp eq and gain using the onboard pedal to suit the pod wah through the whole sweep, or crank up delay repeats when the toe is down(if you like that kind of thing). Plus you can keep the benefits of a higher Z input when plugging guitar into pod directly.

I find I can get most wah tones with patience and tweaking so I say use the on board unless there is some wah pedal u just have to have then use a stand alone Def look up Glen Dulaine he has a video on the wahs with some good tips he gets some killer tones.

• 3 weeks later...

To anyone who can help!

I hate to show my ignorance but oh well...I can't even get the damned thing to come on! I step on the pedal to try to activate the wah (even in the presets where the red light is on but it doesn't do squat! How hard do you have to shove down? Should there be a click as tho there is an actual switch? I have an HD 400. I really like the tone I can get out of it but would like to add the wah. All in one is good.

Thanks people,

... How hard do you have to shove down? ....

REALLY hard! Especially when newer, the toe switch is very stiff. You usually need to stand up on it (can't operate it sitting down) and use all your weight on the very toe/tip. Don't worry - you won't break it.

• 2 weeks later...