Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10 issue

Jointlock

I have a 19 guitar collection. I have had 3 issues. Solved #1....Ibanez S relay would not fit......my solution, a minor sanding of opening with a Dremel tool and filled the color with a matching magic marker in blue. You don't notice the mod. #2- Michael Kelly hydride will play through he hum buckers, but the piezo acoustic pick up has no sound. Any ideas as to why? #3- Ovation Koa topped acoustic. While it is not an expensive model it sounds awesome plugged in, but when I try the G10 I get sound for about 10 seconds, a loud pop, and then a awful squeal that will not quit. I love that guitar, but it's strange what happens.The model # is gone (sticker lost a while back) but it is not a high end model, but it sure sounds like one. The electronics are the standard Ovation brand. I would like to get the 2 guitars to work......any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

I also have a G10 that I want to use with my Michael Kelly Hybrid. The G10 works when the guitar is switched to the magnetic humbuckers but does not work when the guitar is switched to the acoustic bridge piezo pickup. Since the Michael Kelly can use a stereo guitar Y-cable and split the pickups to the tip and ring separately, I think that has something to do with the G10 not working on the acoustic (ring) side of the cable. You can either modify the guitar jack or use a Y-cable and put the G10 on the Ring side of the cable. I have not tried either solution yet but I plan on it and I will report my results.

On another note, I have a Epiphone Ultra 339 that also has an acoustic nanomag pickup on the fretboard. The G10 doesn't like that jack either. I have to be wireless so I need to solve this dilemma.