Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No Bluetooth or Aux In option? Bummer

cags12

What a bummer, I would love to upgrade my Amplifi 150 with the PowerCab to use with my Kemper. I use the Bluetooth option a LOT for Jaming along.

I would have expected at least the Plus to had this features. At the very least an Aux in.

It is silly but at this moment the Amplifi is more appealing to me due this missing features of the PC.

I know the PC is thought to a more professional use but even the Mission Engineering Gemini 2 has Bluetooth option (too expensive for me though).

Line 6 folks, are there any plans to include this on a hardware revision or is there any reason not to include it?

On 11/3/2018 at 10:37 AM, cags12 said:

I know the PC is thought to a more professional use...

That's your answer, right there... it's designed for live use, where a Bluetooth connection is just about the last thing you want to be relying on. 

Can't see it being added to this device.... but whether it's in the works or not, it's highly unlikely that anyone official will address the question in here anyway.

On 11/4/2018 at 11:34 AM, SteveFrance said:

The plus have more connexions.  You can plug a laptop into the USB or the second input.

You can also plug a phone into PowerCab+  if your phone supports audio over USB and you have the requisite cable or adapter.

For example, using a USB-C adapter for my phone, I can plug either my Pixel 2 or my Galaxy S9+ into my PC+ and play audio.

5 hours ago, cruisinon2 said:

That's your answer, right there... it's designed for live use, where a Bluetooth connection is just about the last thing you want to be relying on. 

Can't see it being added to this device.... but whether it's in the works or not, it's highly unlikely that anyone official will address the question in here anyway.

Well they do have Bluetooth in the Firehawk 1500 which is also intended to pro professional an live use. The ME Gemini also has an option and at that price point it is definitely professional and live use.

I know I would not get an official response. Sometimes we do things with false hopes and implicitly venting a disappointment.

USB connectivity for the sake of playing tracks although possible, is not very flexible in many situations but yeah, definitely an option.

Now my next question. Would anyone consider the Firehawk over the Power Cab and why? FRFR strictly speaking and not the different specific features.