Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HX Stomp Product Idea?

mark_gamache

Wondering if there is a market for a small companion bank switcher pedal for the HX Stomp. This would expand the switching of the HX Stomp to allow for Bank Up/Down without using the expression slots. This pedal would connect directly to the HX Stomp's USB port (avoiding those large midi cables). This would allow the HX buttons to be used for Pedal or Snapshot changes. Is there something that does this already?

thanks for any feedback. 

If you could create something that gave the live player preset up/down and also added another foot switch (or more) so that it brought the Stomp closer to being a good backup for a full Helix (obviously with significantly reduced DSP) at a combined cost that was clearly removed from the LT - you would have a winner.

It would also offer a kind of Helix mini for the budget strapped - which the stomp is at least one foot switch away from being.

I do wonder about the stomp - it almost answers a question - but it's just a tiny bit too limited.

The link above looks interesting and I realise you can connect a extra switch and expression pedal to the existing unit.

All together and nicely mounted and powered on a board, it looks like what I'm asking for,  But if  you could do that neatly plug and play - then you'd have an attractive product. (price dependant!)

Hey Andy Simmons,

Have you experience of using this unit?

It does look like it's a good part of the puzzle - I'm sure I'm not the only one looking for a cost effective backup to the Helix, and the stomp as it is is just a little too hard to work with live I think - even accepting more stripped down processing. 

You still got separate power etc - so it's back to a pedal board configuration..........

Haven't used one but Disaster Area are quality reliable products. The guy behind them is an avid HX Effects user too - he has a video on youtube showcasing the HX with one of his larger loop& midi switchers.

I meant more to promote the use of MIDI rather than USB control. Not sure why you're averse to midi control? The helix family has comprehesive midi control options.

the USB does have midi functionality though.

I like midi just fine, just hate the din cables. with USB cables the plug is so much smaller and you have limitless options. You can also get a cheap hub as a distribution box vs a midi repeater/hub.  Disaster Area makes great products, I am not sure there's any room for a competitor unless I can think of something that is really niche with the Line 6 stuff (but it's not like the HX Stomp is under the radar).