Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native Freezes Studio One DAW

davidvignola

Hi Group. I am a new Helix Floor owner and love it! I purchased it from Sweetwater and it came with a trial of Helix Native. I downloaded and installed it and it worked the first time I used it in Studio One version 4. The next day I went to use Helix Native and as soon as I try to add it to a track in Studio One it simply freezes the DAW. I shut everything down and tried it again but no difference. I am running a MAc Pro with Serria operating system version 10.12.6. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but nothing. I wonder if the trial version is the issue and I am considering simply buying it for $99 but I am afraid that the same issue will result and then it's $99 out the window. :) 

Anyone else have a similar issue? Thanks in advance

It sounds like a lot of people are having a similar problem, using various DAWs. It seems to be some kind of problem with the authorization (I'm guessing). Open up a ticket with Line 6 .....they need to be aware of the issue, and they don't monitor this forum.

IF you're able to get a fresh project, fresh track, and fresh instance of Native to open in Studio One, try clicking My Account in the plug-ins lower left corner and logging into your Line 6 account to see if that all goes smoothly.

Hello Davidvignola.

First of all, welcome to the forum!

Computers... you would expect the exact process every time you switch it on, but they do have a mind of their own.

You say that the previous day it worked fine, so what changed during the time you used it?

My first thought is that It seems to be related to Drivers Compatability or that the same driver is being used by another precess.

Try updating all of your drivers, including graphic card drivers  That might solve your problem. 

Just yesterday i had a problem with using Reaper and iTunes at the same time, Reaper worked just fine but there was no sound from iTunes, the Play button changed to the Pause button, as it should but the player froze the timer and no sound played, that was odd because it has always worked in the past, so what did change?  Well, I disregarded an earlier iTunes update notification.  Assuming that might had been the reason, I allowed the update to complete and restarted the PC, from then on everything worked just fine.

I doubt if the paid version of Helix Native by itself will solve your problem.  

Okay, so same problem, but I have a fix. L6 support was pretty useless as far as solutions on this one. I posted this in another thread of people have the IDENTICAL problem on Windows with Cubase. Reposting it here...

I have the EXACT same problem running Presonus Studio One with Hellx Native on macOS! It will run perfectly across multiple launches for about a day (i.e. 24 hours), then it crashes the DAW.

However, I DID run it up the flagpole with L6 support and their only suggestion was to completely reinstall the DAW... which made no sense, because all plugin versions (AU, VST) crashed every DAW and VST host I tried it with.

But I happened upon a solution: after installation when you use the VST for the first time, it creates a set of folders in your user directory. There is a preferences file that you need to edit. On macOS, it's located here:

~/Library/Application Support/Line 6/Helix Native/Helix Native.prefs

In that file, there is a key called "Session Token" -- if you close the DAW, open that file, remove that key and value, and save the file... everything works again... for 24 hours. You'll have to authenticate and log in to Line6 every day.

• Thanks 2

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

On 11/11/2018 at 2:55 PM, benvigil said:

But I happened upon a solution: after installation when you use the VST for the first time, it creates a set of folders in your user directory. There is a preferences file that you need to edit. On macOS, it's located here:

~/Library/Application Support/Line 6/Helix Native/Helix Native.prefs

In that file, there is a key called "Session Token" -- if you close the DAW, open that file, remove that key and value, and save the file... everything works again... for 24 hours. You'll have to authenticate and log in to Line6 every day.

•  

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. Sad to say that a year later this is still an issue for people doing a trial of Native, but here we are and I was going crazy with the beach balls just trying to use it in nothing more complex than GarageBand. After reboots or just seemingly random (maybe it would recognize the session token had actually expired or something) it would occasionally work, but then just as you said about 24 hours later it would be dead again and causing an endless beachball anytime I tried to load Native. 

However, a one-line delete with your instructions and I was back in business - and can resume trying to see if this is worth my $400. Thanks!

• 11 months later...