Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Replacement Speakers!

Pacemaker1000

1 hour ago, Pacemaker1000 said:

Anybody replaced or are considering replacing the standard speakers?

Listening through good headphones is much better so Amp is capable of great sound!

Admittedly I play along with music tracks so would look to improve that also.

thought?

The Spider V series, with exception of the Spider V 20, all have built in tweeters so playing back music tracks should sound pretty good when played back through Spider V. 
Changing out the speaker may not be the best choice as it specifically designed to work along side the tweeter. Try messing with the Post EQ to shape your tone, I also recommend checking out the Spider Remote app for smart device or desktop computer, makes editing easy!

Have the 60 with the tweeter.

yes it helps with music but the main speaker seems to be the problem. Agree on possibly changing both though.

Thinking of taking it apart and seeing specs of standard set.

seems a main with a greater frequency response and a tamer tweeter would help.

Also read of someone adding insulation inside which made a big difference.

shame there is no 'overall' equaliser that controls audio in as well as just guitar sound like the Mustang GT

• 3 weeks later...

The V30 speaker is very loud, but due to the small size of the amp. it really restricts speaker tone. Boxy and no bass.

My solution is plugging in the headphone out to an old Rotel PA amp. and use a choice of Celestion Vintage 30, a Yamaha 12" organ speaker, or an old Sansui hi-fi speaker.

All 3 sound much better than stock, but I prefer the Yamaha Organ speaker

• 8 months later...

Ive been having trouble with my amp, all the electronics work fine and but the speaker it self isnt giving off any sound. When i put headphones on it works fine but the speaker isnt. Ive tried factory reset and making sure nothing is in the headphone jack so i figured it must be somethings with the speaker. If so where could i find a replacement or maybe a better speaker.

Is your Spider still under warranty? If so , should go this route first.

Since I updated my Spder V30 with new major firmware update, the tone imrovement with stock speaker is night and day.

I am now switching between stock speaker and hiu fi speakers, depending on the song. They are all good, just differnt.

• 9 months later...
On 11/7/2018 at 1:41 AM, Pacemaker1000 said:

Anybody replaced or are considering replacing the standard speakers?

Listening through good headphones is much better so Amp is capable of great sound!

Admittedly I play along with music tracks so would look to improve that also.

thought?

Bit late only a couple of years! anyway I built a twin cab with 2 Celestion 15w 8 Ohm in  parallel I opened up the back of the V30 wow is it well built disconnected the horn speaker and the main speaker I mounted  guitar jack in the back panel put the main speaker wires on it ,I left the horn wires disconnected. I had another guitar jack on the cab, used a proper head lead and WOW now I have a great amp the headphone jack still works and cuts the speaker out when plugged in. I also own A new Vow VT40X but I seem to go to the spider more way more and the Vox is a great amp so that may tell you how different the spider is now I did not use a isolating jack because I never intend to use that bad speaker so a good single speaker in the amp would be great as well but I would disconnect the horn speaker. cheers From Oz

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I came across this forum looking for advise or part numbers for speakers. I have a very small amount of static sound coming out of my tweeter on my Spider Jam 75w. I unplugged the 12” an strummed the strings and I  hear some crackling coming out of the tweeter. Would it be safe to say the tweeter is blown?