Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using Helix Floor to Control Helix Native In Logic X

MikeTicehurst

Hi

I use Helix Native within Logic as it gives me the ability to just record the straight guitar signal & thus give me the ability to re-amp at a later stage etc..

I would like to know if it is possible to use my Helix Floor pedal to control patch changes, turn FX on & off & use Snapshots in real time. My Helix ~Floor is connected to my Mac via USB & I feel sure that I should be able to do this but I'm not exactly sure how I go about it? 

I am using Logic X as my DAW.I can see Helix listed in the Midi Environment (Clicks & Ports). Do I connect the Helix (within the midi environment) to the "Input Notes" or "Sequencer Input" and do I then have to do anything else? I obviously don't want the Helix Floor to effect any midi changes to anything other than Helix Native.

Here's hoping someone can help me out.

1719851433_ScreenShot2018-11-06at15_13_36.thumb.png.62f19f02c49bbec2eb0af546c51ba193.png

Controlling block parameters and toggling FX is straightforward, but to my knowledge you still can't control patch changes in HXN via external MIDI.

To control FX, I'd 1) use the Assign/Controller tab to map the FX parameters and toggles you want to control to Knobs and Switches (there are 12 of each you can use). See the appropriate section in the HXN manual for info on how to do this. Then 2), use Logic's Smart Controls to map the Native Knobs and Switches you've assigned to whatever MIDI (CCs) your Helix Floor is sending. Of course, you've got to set up controller switches/pedals in Floor also (so that's a third step!).

So:   Floor Pedal and Switch Controllers ----> MIDI CCs (via USB) ----> Logic Smart Control HXN Map ---> HXN Controller Assignments

Not sure what your knowledge of MIDI controlling is, but this info should hopefully get you started.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

So is the answer to this question, NO? lol, I have the same question. IS it possible is the question, not "where is the rabbit hole please?" It would be great to be able to use foot switches to run NATIVE like one does on the hardware, ie; be able to turn on and off blocks etc. That way I can quickly use multiple amps or common effects in a preset and turn them on and off with the footswitch instead of the track pad, menus, mouse etc.. THANK YOU!

• 3 months later...

Yes and no? 

Look at the Helix Floor Control! Are there any knobs on the Helix Floor Control? I don't see any.  So, the only way to adjust parameters is within your daw.

Can you turn FX on and off and change banks up and down one at a time in Helix Native via the Helix Floor Control via USB?  That's what i think. What is the USB port on the Helixe Floor Control for other than updating the Helix Floor Control! to be used only with the Helix Rack? 

I will use it live, when i decide whether or not i want one now. 11:21 burpity burp bleep haha

shouldn't this thread be located in the............. helix native subforum. i do        space grey         .

9 hours ago, vanilla said:

I will use it live, when i decide whether or not i want one now. 11:21 burpity burp bleep haha

shouldn't this thread be located in the............. helix native subforum. i do        space grey     

Vanilla,

I have encountered some very strange people in my time - but you have got to be in the running for one of the weirdest ever!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2018 at 9:15 AM, MikeTicehurst said:

Hi

I use Helix Native within Logic as it gives me the ability to just record the straight guitar signal & thus give me the ability to re-amp at a later stage etc..

I would like to know if it is possible to use my Helix Floor pedal to control patch changes, turn FX on & off & use Snapshots in real time. My Helix ~Floor is connected to my Mac via USB & I feel sure that I should be able to do this but I'm not exactly sure how I go about it? 

I am using Logic X as my DAW.I can see Helix listed in the Midi Environment (Clicks & Ports). Do I connect the Helix (within the midi environment) to the "Input Notes" or "Sequencer Input" and do I then have to do anything else? I obviously don't want the Helix Floor to effect any midi changes to anything other than Helix Native.

Here's hoping someone can help me out.

1719851433_ScreenShot2018-11-06at15_13_36.thumb.png.62f19f02c49bbec2eb0af546c51ba193.png

Did you ever get an answer on this? Just stumbled on this myself and it’s aggravating you can’t use floor to control Native. 

• 1 year later...