Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Multitap with pitch shifting per tap

Vincenzo_P

Hi guys, i'd like to throw another idea in the creative department. I'd totally need a multitap delay that would pitch shift every single tap. It'd be basically an effective arpeggiator. I'd be enough to add a parameter to the existing multitaps. I'd be a killer and I'm sure would add a lot of value to the helix. Mind there's no such effect pedal around that does such thing except for the echolution2 by pigtronix (and that cost over 600$). Wouldn't it be a good idea for a future update? I'm no engineer but I dare to think it wouldn't be a huge work to add this feature (as the helix having already the technology both for multitaps and pitch shifting).

Or maybe you guys worked out some similar ideas in a different way. Then please share it.

Many thanks

Hey Phil, you're right the harmony delay does kinda that but it's rather limited with 2 taps only + root note. 6 Taps would allow for more rhythmical grooves. A glide function would also be great. Or even better a new block model that act as a full arpeggiator (Eventide has it). Please don't tell me I should buy a synthesizer ;-).